Daughter and granddaughters coming to our house   

turkey 🦃 

mashed potatoes 

brown potatoes 

Stuffing 

buttered carrots 🥕 

apple pie 🥧 

• Like 3

We are NOT doing our traditional gathering at my sisters house with her family and my brothers family. BIL has too many risk factors yo make it safe. 

We move into our new digs on the 21st, so sure we will still be getting a lot of moving stuff done. 

As for food, going to a friends house who is single, and kids not coming home..so will just be the 6 of us. Think just a roasted breast prolly, traditional sides, but only a couple..mash and maybe on other veg.

BTW, turkeys, especially large turkeys, gunna be cheap as hell this here . 

• Like 3

My SIL and brother usually host, but she has not seen her father since last year, so they are headed to Virginia for Thanksgiving. Her father had polio as a child, so was overly cautious about extended activity this summer (he was supposed to vacation here and canceled). My nieces decided to head to their in-laws, so we are headed out to dinner. It will only be six of us, and Hubby quickly nixed the idea of us doing a ton of cooking for only six people. I agreed wholeheartedly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

My SIL and brother usually host, but she has not seen her father since last year, so they are headed to Virginia for Thanksgiving. Her father had polio as a child, so was overly cautious about extended activity this summer (he was supposed to vacation here and canceled). My nieces decided to head to their in-laws, so we are headed out to dinner. It will only be six of us, and Hubby quickly nixed the idea of us doing a ton of cooking for only six people. I agreed wholeheartedly.

Not last year due to the awesome Bills game..but we did Thanksgiving out last 3 years before that. Loved it! Way easier prep obviously..teenagers to drive so we could get all sloshed up...and NO FREAKING DISHES!!!!! We eat on the later side, so miss some of the late game...but DVR it and all good!

My prediction is you may make it your annual tradition as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not last year due to the awesome Bills game..but we did Thanksgiving out last 3 years before that. Loved it! Way easier prep obviously..teenagers to drive so we could get all sloshed up...and NO FREAKING DISHES!!!!! We eat on the later side, so miss some of the late game...but DVR it and all good!

My prediction is you may make it your annual tradition as well.

Before my brother married his wife we would dine out on Thanksgiving every other year. The "other" year my MIL would fly into town for the holiday. Her dietary restrictions were such that we had to cook, so we hosted whoever was in town (lots of traveling has normally occurred Thanksgiving weekend) from my family, too (my MIL passed away several years ago). 

• Like 1

OMG............I forgot the Butternut Squash on my list above.

Also, even if I was in California, I will NOT be following the 2 hour "limit", nor the guests outside bullspit.

😡

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Pecan Pie

My favorite with a cup of black coffee!

We never have it because of food allergies in my house.

Turkey

Stuffing

Cranberries

Mashed

Sweet

Shrimp Bisque

some as-yet undetermined vegetable

dessert t.b.d.

Usually on Saturday, we have a "friendsgiving" -- pot luck.  We will get together with one family this time.  No definite plans to bring the whole crew together.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I've been trying to get my wife to do Thanksgiving out for a decade. I do prepwork and cleanup, and she's NOT a "clean-as-you-go" cook.  It's like a bomb went off in my kitchen, and I sneak in there to clean up along the way.  It unfortunately is never going to happen.  She like to do all that cooking.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

I've been trying to get my wife to do Thanksgiving out for a decade. I do prepwork and cleanup, and she's NOT a "clean-as-you-go" cook.  It's like a bomb went off in my kitchen, and I sneak in there to clean up along the way.  It unfortunately is never going to happen.  She like to do all that cooking.

I wonder if she's related to my husband? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

And this is Chicago. The way this sounds, you are not allowed to make a Thanksgiving dinner for your household, never mind have someone over. That particularly makes it sound like no Thanksgiving. At all.

</snip>

“We’re asking you to avoid any non essential travel. And if you must travel, then you must either quarantine for 14 days, or depending upon the state confirm a negative COVID test before coming back,” said Mayor Lori Lightfoot. “You must cancel the normal Thanksgiving plans, particularly if they include guests that do not live in your immediate household.”

</snip>

I'm doing the bird on the Big Green Egg for the first time.....excited and a little nervous.  Fortunately we'll have a COVID sized crowd; just us + my aunt/uncle.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 3:03 PM, Ann said:

And this is Chicago. The way this sounds, you are not allowed to make a Thanksgiving dinner for your household, never mind have someone over. That particularly makes it sound like no Thanksgiving. At all.

</snip>

“We’re asking you to avoid any non essential travel. And if you must travel, then you must either quarantine for 14 days, or depending upon the state confirm a negative COVID test before coming back,” said Mayor Lori Lightfoot. “You must cancel the normal Thanksgiving plans, particularly if they include guests that do not live in your immediate household.”

</snip>

The left pushing it to see how much people will take.  

• Cheers 1