Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What is everyone planning for thanksgiving

mead107

Just me, my wife and kids this year. 

My daughter is coming down from a certain New England city on Wednesday and I'm driving her back on Sunday. She's going to get Covid tested before she travels  Can't have her all alone up there for Thanksgiving.  She only moved out in August.

• Like 3

leh-nerd skin-erd

Our Thanksgiving tradition has been lots of people at my Mom's house for decades.  My children, born and raised in Albany, closely identify with being 716ers because of the joy, mayhem and festivities with aunt, uncles and cousins. 

This year will be different--my wife and daughter heading to Tgiving with my wife's family downstate,  I'm doing WNY for the 4 day slug and my boys coming at various times over the weekend.  At night, we would typically have nieces and nephews scattered about like refugees from a foreign land--maybe 20ish, plus the adults.  It's been heaven in crazy town for a guy like me who grew up in a large family but moved away after college.  It's my favorite time of year and can't wait. 

Anyway, we'll stagger it a bit more, no one besides out-of-towners stay the might and make it easier on my Mom to the extent that we can.  

To be clear--we'll be under 10 people total at all times, and if we're not, at worst the youngest grand/great grandchildren have to do a few weeks in juvey.  It will make them stronger for the gulag when Covid 2022  comes around and we tell Cuomo to suck a big fat one.  Everyone wins.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like 3

This is turning into a different Thanksgiving. My aunt has always had the Thanksgiving holiday (about 50 years). I did it for my ex-husband's side of the family for years, but never went back to her house when we got divorced. When I married Hubby, it definitely became the on-the-fly holiday and depended on who was in town, who was visiting, and if we were flying out to see his mother.

My aunt was diagnosed with COVID, so I called her to ask if they needed anything (my uncle feels fine after a few days of feeling poorly). The only thing she was down about was that my cousin would not have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, so we invited him and his family.

Went from a few people to a nice size, plus children!! The kids are always a perk at a holiday event.

Note: my aunt is the first person I have known directly to get covid. They took their tests Tuesday (my mother too) for the nursing home (to see my father), but have not gotten the results back. Normally they have them Friday like clockwork, so they are all puzzled. I did tell her to take an antibody test when this is all over to make sure they really did have it, and it was not a false positive.

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

This is turning into a different Thanksgiving. My aunt has always had the Thanksgiving holiday (about 50 years). I did it for my ex-husband's side of the family for years, but never went back to her house when we got divorced. When I married Hubby, it definitely became the on-the-fly holiday and depended on who was in town, who was visiting, and if we were flying out to see his mother.

My aunt was diagnosed with COVID, so I called her to ask if they needed anything (my uncle feels fine after a few days of feeling poorly). The only thing she was down about was that my cousin would not have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, so we invited him and his family.

Went from a few people to a nice size, plus children!! The kids are always a perk at a holiday event.

Note: my aunt is the first person I have known directly to get covid. They took their tests Tuesday (my mother too) for the nursing home (to see my father), but have not gotten the results back. Normally they have them Friday like clockwork, so they are all puzzled. I did tell her to take an antibody test when this is all over to make sure they really did have it, and it was not a false positive.

I’ve taken the antibody test twice. 
both negative. 

We are Still going to granddaughters. 

• Like 2

I just bought a turkey today. Just going to be one of my brothers, his son, and our father. My oldest brother is being a little bitch - he is scheduled to have his knee replaced in a couple weeks, and doesn't want to get exposed and have his surgery cancelled a second time - he was originally scheduled for late March.

another big change in our plans. 

the nanny that watches the granddaughters after school on Monday and Tuesday and helps them online the other 3 days with school work and babysitting - her mom was exposed to Covid.   
the nanny is getting tested tomorrow and so we have canceled going over to see the girls for thanksgiving.  ☹️

• Sad 2

With the kids back in school, there’re just too many vectors of contact going on out there. 

We’ve canceled all plans to mingle with friends and family this Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We are making the turkey with out stuffing in it this year. Trying it with oranges and lemons in it. 
still making stuffing.  
no sweet potato’s this year. 
little brown potatoes. 
mashed potatoes 

green bean casserole 

cranberry sauce 

chocolate lush dessert. 

We are having the sons over with their families - total of 7 people.  The wife will make the full traditional dinner.

Only wish the first 2 games would have better teams but bad football is better than no football.

• Like 2