Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

When do you put your Christmas tree 🎄 up?

mead107

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

I am having pineapple and bacon 🥓 pizza for lunch today. 

I really did have that for lunch.  Actually it was pineapple, coppa, scallions and jalapenos.  Tasty pie.

• Like 1

I was gonna put up the tree soon as we had nothing going on here until after Thanksgiving. Welp, our overlord Andy said restaurant reservations cannot be more than four at a table, so we are having Thanksgiving here. Gotta wait to put up that tree now. 😞

• Angry 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Do you have a real tree? 

I refuse to give a batch of strange spiders a warm house to live in for Christmas. So, nope.

• Like 1

Both trees go up Veterans weekend.  Then the next few weeks consist of decorating the house, inside and out.  Both are artificial since we always come up to WNY for 2 weeks over Christmas and cannot leave a real tree in the house that long unattended.

• Like 2

Haven't put up a real tree since a spider mite incident 10 years ago.  Wife still scarred from that.

Tree & outdoor lights go up Thx weekend.  Blue & white to maintain the family harmony.

Indoor garlands & string lights are part of year-round decor 🙂

• Like 1

We got our tree (Douglas fir) the day after Thanksgiving. 

We brought it into the garage and put it in a pail of water.

Brought it into the house yesterday, set the thing up and decorated it.

We've never had an artificial tree, and never put it up until after Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

Usually go out in the backyard at halftime of a Bills game 1-2 weeks before Christmas & let the kids pick out & chop down a tree.

We almost always end up with a "Charlie Brown tree" but the kids like it & it saves a lot of money.  This year we'll probably cut down a very small tree to put on a table away from the new puppy.

• Like 1

Thanksgiving weekend is usually when we get everything going because I have that four-day weekend off. All of inside is done, and most of outside. Dropped to the 20s this weekend, so I haven't been able to get on the roof (two story house) to finish because the tiles are iced over and the slope is pretty crazy.

And for what it's worth, we went to a beautiful 9' artificial tree years ago because I got tired of paying ridiculous prices in CA for a live tree....always between $100-150 a tree. The artificial is pre-lit with strong branches to handle all our ornaments (Iots of Radkos) and never once missed having a live tree.

• Like 1