Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Consumer/User Reports

GG1

Headphone edition

I'm a headphone nut due mostly to the commute, and have been rotating a series of headphones for the trains.  Although looks like I won't be commuting regularly until June '21, I'm still interested in good value cans.    I'm not the guy who can hear the difference between $100 headphones and $500+ headphones.  There's definitely a noticeable drop off once you get below $100, though.   

For my ears, nothing beat the Shure 215 line for listening and passive noise cancellation.  The problem is that the mic on the BT cable is awful.  I tried aftermarket attachments that plug into the ear pieces, but it's still underwhelming.

Lately I've been going through the cheap buds on Amazon and some have surprised me with the sound & mic quality.  I tried the more expensive earbuds - Bose, Samsung and they were all underwhelming for the price.

Long story short, Bose 35s are on Black Friday sale, and am wondering if anyone has them.  I like the idea of over-the-ear phones, and my Parrot Zik v1 just died.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

5 hours ago, GG1 said:

Headphone edition

I'm a headphone nut due mostly to the commute, and have been rotating a series of headphones for the trains.  Although looks like I won't be commuting regularly until June '21, I'm still interested in good value cans.    I'm not the guy who can hear the difference between $100 headphones and $500+ headphones.  There's definitely a noticeable drop off once you get below $100, though.   

For my ears, nothing beat the Shure 215 line for listening and passive noise cancellation.  The problem is that the mic on the BT cable is awful.  I tried aftermarket attachments that plug into the ear pieces, but it's still underwhelming.

Lately I've been going through the cheap buds on Amazon and some have surprised me with the sound & mic quality.  I tried the more expensive earbuds - Bose, Samsung and they were all underwhelming for the price.

Long story short, Bose 35s are on Black Friday sale, and am wondering if anyone has them.  I like the idea of over-the-ear phones, and my Parrot Zik v1 just died.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

What city are you commuting in? 
how long is your commute? 
daughter had a 45 minute one Boston area and daughter Inlaw  had almost a 2 hour ride DC area 

Edited by mead107

7 minutes ago, mead107 said:

What city are you commuting in? 
how long is your commute? 
daughter had a 45 minute one Boston area and daughter Inlaw  had almost a 2 hour ride DC area 

The "normal" commute was 1 hr each way NJ to NYC.  Don't have to go back until June though 🙂

Daughter home till June also. 
she used to fly to NYC just about every week to see people at he nyc office. 
Day or overnight 

(with Emu🤣)

Edited by mead107