Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

UFOs and Sitcom Math

devnull

4merper4mer
On 7/8/2022 at 7:42 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Once again, I'm way ahead of the curve.  I've considered Michio a crackpot for at least 15 years.

This charlatan is the easiest to detect since the guy selling elixir on Gunsmoke or the innocent spouse at the opening of Forensic Files episode 8,364. Tyson isn’t far behind.  I have no doubt they possess brain power but too much of it has been used convincing themselves that whatever thought passes through their head instantly becomes true.

Scientists are not immune to human weaknesses.  I was essentially banned from the Webb thread on atop yesterday for pointing out the sideshow that NASA put on releasing the images was a tribute to narcissism everywhere.  I don’t doubt or fail to appreciated the immense amount of hard work that went into this, but that does not excuse the unfettered Oscar like backslapping in the “pre-game” lead up to releasing photos.  If they wanted to be celebrities they should have run away from home, and turned tricks on Hollywood Boulevard like everyone else.  Ooh boy pointing that out brought some backlash and escalated quickly.  That thread is for kneeling before the NASA overlords only.

I generally like Tucker Carlson and he has the nads to say things that even most on Fox will not.  Sometimes there are half truths in there I find disappointing but mostly he is on point.  Then he has the semi-weekly UFO updated with easily debunked Navy imagery and crackpot guest stars.  Kaku has lately been among that crowd.  It is healthy for me because it reminds me to not simply believe everything else he says.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 1

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Can it really see that well?

Yup. It’s part of its official mission as well. 

• Love 1

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, devnull said:

Age restricted

And I don't want a Twitter account

It’s an alien with other aliens twerking.

Not sure why it’s age restricted.

7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

It’s an alien with other aliens twerking.

Not sure why it’s age restricted.

maybe The Visitors questioned the efficacy of the COVID vaccine

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mole people or aliens? 

A sinkhole, near a mine?  Why, whatever can it be?   :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

On 8/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There are four stars in this picture.  Everything else is a galaxy.

the-webb-telescopes-im.jpg

There is one Galaxy in this picture.  Everything else are stars

Galaxy-Class-Ships-Warp.jpg?q=50&fit=cro

• Haha 2