Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

SquirminThurman

So stats are underwhelming, but took a look to see what this guy has done.

I am not on the OBJ or D Hop bandwagon, and it seems Beane is not either.

Has shown flashes, may be a guy needing to get fed targets. With the current state of the WR3 he should see them here.

Lil Dirty got 65 targets last year, most Sherfield had was 51 and he delivered pretty well.

6'1 219, not a smurf, 4.5 speed. Plays fast.

Some nice highlights of our newest Bill. Not a big name, but curious to see what he can do.

Shows some speed and nice boundary awareness on these plays:

Allen can complete those all day, and he outran a terrific SF defense:

Showing some toughness and YAC.

S had him lined up for a kill shot and he bounced off of him like nothing happened.

Tippy toes not once, but twice:

Looks like a potential upgrade over Kumerow and McKenzie.

Terrific size 6'1' 220. Can play inside or out, plays ST, 4.5 speed and is a willing blocker.

I'll take 1 Sherfield over 2 Kumerow/McKenzies

PS - a long overdue thumbs up to Taron Johnson, who made this guy irrelevant to Bills fans before today.

Hopeful this is a good depth signing by the Beaner.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 5

SquirminThurman
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Probably has no worse instincts for it than Onalim.

Vanderbilt guy, can't be dumb.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Vanderbilt guy, can't be dumb.

Yeah, no one who ever goes to a good school is ever an idiot.

(I went to a "baby Ivy" where people couldn't write in complete sentences.  Trust me, people at good schools can be idiots.)

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

(I went to a "baby Ivy" where people couldn't write in complete sentences.  Trust me, people at good schools can be idiots.)

"What?"

George W. Bush (probably)

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

"What?"

George W. Bush (probably)

Freshman year, October, a bunch of us are at the dining center for dinner, and a woman from SoCal asks "Why are the leaves changing?"

"Uhh...it's fall?"

"What?"

"Leaves change color in the fall, and fall off trees."

"Ohhhh...I thought it was acid rain!"

Ah, Rowena...you are still the dumbest smart person I've ever met.  :facepalm:

53 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What do you....  How could y .....That not very.....HUH! 

He's a workhorse.  Football, basketball and track in high school.  Here he competed in 4 events at an indoor meet senior year high school.  4 is A LOT.  Long, triple, 55m and 200m.  

ONU HS Classic - Videos - DyeStat IL - Interview with Trent Sherfield - 2014 Thornwood Boys Open (runnerspace.com)

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 3

Alaska Darin
On 3/20/2023 at 8:31 PM, Ninety-4 said:

He's a workhorse.  Football, basketball and track in high school.  Here he competed in 4 events at an indoor meet senior year high school.  4 is A LOT.  Long, triple, 55m and 200m.  

ONU HS Classic - Videos - DyeStat IL - Interview with Trent Sherfield - 2014 Thornwood Boys Open (runnerspace.com)

I watched that Fish/Niners game and I kept thinking...why aren't they using that kid more?  He's electric with the ball in his hands.  You just have to use Waddle and Cheetah to run the coverage off and hit Sherf in stride underneath and let him take what he can get. (this is free info for Ken Dorsey)

• Like 3

Alaska Darin

Nothing we didn't really know here but this tells you what you need to do defensively to stop the Fish (&#%$ with the play timing).

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

On 3/20/2023 at 4:12 PM, SquirminThurman said:

So stats are underwhelming, but took a look to see what this guy has done.

I am not on the OBJ or D Hop bandwagon, and it seems Beane is not either.

Has shown flashes, may be a guy needing to get fed targets. With the current state of the WR3 he should see them here.

Lil Dirty got 65 targets last year, most Sherfield had was 51 and he delivered pretty well.

6'1 219, not a smurf, 4.5 speed. Plays fast.

Some nice highlights of our newest Bill. Not a big name, but curious to see what he can do.

Shows some speed and nice boundary awareness on these plays:

Allen can complete those all day, and he outran a terrific SF defense:

Showing some toughness and YAC.

S had him lined up for a kill shot and he bounced off of him like nothing happened.

Tippy toes not once, but twice:

Looks like a potential upgrade over Kumerow and McKenzie.

Terrific size 6'1' 220. Can play inside or out, plays ST, 4.5 speed and is a willing blocker.

I'll take 1 Sherfield over 2 Kumerow/McKenzies

PS - a long overdue thumbs up to Taron Johnson, who made this guy irrelevant to Bills fans before today.

Hopeful this is a good depth signing by the Beaner.

let's hope it turns out as well as when the Broncos signed the unknown Emmanuel Sanders from the Steelers.

talent, but limited opportunity

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I watched that Fish/Niners game and I kept thinking...why aren't they using that kid more?  He's electric with the ball in his hands.  You just have to use Waddle and Cheetah to run the coverage off and hit Sherf in stride underneath and let him take what he can get. (this is free info for Ken Dorsey)

Hopefully Dorsey is listening 🙂

What I also wonder is why the Bills only sign guys like Sherfield, Harris and others to 1 year deals?  I understand the need to manage future cap.  If these 2 and other 1 year rentals turn out to be players you'd like to keep, which would happen if they perform well, you then have to compete with other teams to retain them.  Seems like it would benefit both the player and the team to enter into a 2 or 3 year deal that would pay the player a bit more in the future but still make it possible for the team to cut them without a cap hit. It would suck if Harris and Sherfield and others have good years and then left for greener grass.  

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

3 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Hopefully Dorsey is listening 🙂

What I also wonder is why the Bills only sign guys like Sherfield, Harris and others to 1 year deals?  I understand the need to manage future cap.  If these 2 and other 1 year rentals turn out to be players you'd like to keep, which would happen if they perform well, you then have to compete with other teams to retain them.  Seems like it would benefit both the player and the team to enter into a 2 or 3 year deal that would pay the player a bit more in the future but still make it possible for the team to cut them without a cap hit. It would suck if Harris and Sherfield and others have good years and then left for greener grass.  

players will want more money for longer deals. 

Beane is stuck with cap limits, so trying to find cheap rentals (for Bills) with high upside (player will benefit next year)

will also factor into comp pick formula - which becomes more significant as Bills don't re-sign good, expensive players

• Like 1