Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Seattle is listed #1, Buffalo #3.

NFL's top 10 wide receiver corps

</snip>

In his first season in Buffalo, Stefon Diggs leads the league in receiving yards, and while he was a lucrative target on post routes in his final season in Minnesota, he's gained a good portion of his 2020 receiving total on the outside portion of the field. Diggs has seven receptions on boundary targets (targets within 2 yards of the sideline), the most among qualifying receivers (those with a minimum of 15 total receptions), and his 440 yards gained outside the numbers count as the third most among receivers. Take away the middle of the field against Diggs, but be prepared for him to make you pay on the outside.

John Brown, Gabriel Davis and Cole Beasley have helped complement Diggs in the revamped Bills receiving corps, but Josh Allen is making the most of his targets intended for Isaiah McKenzie, who thrives with his speed. McKenzie has been open on 87.5 percent of his targets, the highest rate among all receivers, proving defensive focus on Diggs will leave others open for opportunities. McKenzie is capitalizing, and the Bills are cooking through the air as a result.

</snip>

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Seattle is listed #1, Buffalo #3.

NFL's top 10 wide receiver corps

</snip>

In his first season in Buffalo, Stefon Diggs leads the league in receiving yards, and while he was a lucrative target on post routes in his final season in Minnesota, he's gained a good portion of his 2020 receiving total on the outside portion of the field. Diggs has seven receptions on boundary targets (targets within 2 yards of the sideline), the most among qualifying receivers (those with a minimum of 15 total receptions), and his 440 yards gained outside the numbers count as the third most among receivers. Take away the middle of the field against Diggs, but be prepared for him to make you pay on the outside.

John Brown, Gabriel Davis and Cole Beasley have helped complement Diggs in the revamped Bills receiving corps, but Josh Allen is making the most of his targets intended for Isaiah McKenzie, who thrives with his speed. McKenzie has been open on 87.5 percent of his targets, the highest rate among all receivers, proving defensive focus on Diggs will leave others open for opportunities. McKenzie is capitalizing, and the Bills are cooking through the air as a result.

</snip>

That's a great take on McKenzie, who fills kind of a poor man's Tyreek Hill role for the BILLS.  IM's success has translated to a more open playbook because defenses have to account for him, especially when he goes in motion.  That has led to some pretty cool misdirection stuff form Daboll.

• Like 4

If he wants to see freaky, he should take a trip through Forest Lawn cemetery and see the weird stuff people leave on Rick James' grave.

Stefon Diggs explains Rick James/ Chappelle's Show cleats

</snip>

Diggs explained that he, probably like many around the country, didn’t know one little secret about James… he’s a Buffalo native. In what was more peculiar was the way Diggs found out, too.

A trip to the dentist.

“I found that out… I was at the dentist. I had a root canal and I was getting a cap on, and he was like, ‘Did you know Rick James was from Buffalo?’ Diggs said.

As soon as he heard that, the wide receiver had the lightbulb go off in his head. James was going on his cleats in the form of Chapelle’s sketch reenactment of him.

“I hit my guy and I was like, ‘I got a cleat idea for next week’ and it was Rick James,” Diggs said.

Diggs also explained there’s a bit of a method to the madness, if you will. He tries to have a design based on the team he’s facing or the city the game is going on in that week.

Well… Bills vs. Seahawks was in Buffalo, so the choice was made.

“It kind of goes hand-in-hand that way,” Diggs said. “But we were playing at home and Rick James was perfect.”

</snip>

• Like 3

CarpetCrawler

The Big 3 are Top Shelf, no doubt about that. Davis has potential, but I would still like to see what Duke could do in real games. 

A better TE would be nice too, but with the way Beasley plays it's not essential.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler

Wow, week 12 could bring him to 1,000. I hope he's the first one there, 

Remember all the "experts" talking him down preseason? How he was due for an off year, innuendos that he was really a 'me first' guy. Why did I bother reading all that crap???

9 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’s not just the number of catches and yards, he gets first downs! He keeps drives alive. He is dynamically entertaining. 

I'd love to see his keep drives alive stat vs Beasley's keep drives alive stat. Beasley seems to be clutch this year when they need 5-9 yards and a first down.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'd love to see his keep drives alive stat vs Beasley's keep drives alive stat. Beasley seems to be clutch this year when they need 5-9 yards and a first down.

And that’s such a huge difference in this squad since Josh came on board, and even more now that they got three or four receiver who can actually catch the damn ball. That, and when they do get it they gain more yards. 

For the past two decades we’ve had “receivers” that had Dropsey, Pigskin allergies, heard footsteps, and just didn’t seem to give a damn about catching the ball and making defenders take some punishment and getting extra yards.

This is a sea change in offense for The Bills. We’ve got a legit QB, and legit receivers. Hopefully we’ll get a legit TE soon. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

And that’s such a huge difference in this squad since Josh came on board, and even more now that they got three or four receiver who can actually catch the damn ball. That, and when they do get it they gain more yards. 

For the past two decades we’ve had “receivers” that had Dropsey, Pigskin allergies, heard footsteps, and just didn’t seem to give a damn about catching the ball and making defenders take some punishment and getting extra yards.

This is a sea change in offense for The Bills. We’ve got a legit QB, and legit receivers. Hopefully we’ll get a legit TE soon. 

They could definitely use an upper tier tight end. Imagine having a fail-safe like NE and KC have had for decades? 

• FANtastic 1

Just now, Ann said:

They could definitely use an upper tier tight end. Imagine having a fail-safe like NE and KC have had for decades? 

I had such high hopes for Knox. He's so gifted athletically.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Josh might have been booted from the top 5 (#6), but Diggs is still there...

Everything is just about apples-to-apples now, also. I believe that Carolina and Tampa Bay are the only teams with a bye week left, so Moore's stat's are 1 additional game ahead of the rest of the field.

• Like 2

Just now, Hedge said:

Everything is just about apples-to-apples now, also. I believe that Carolina and Tampa Bay are the only teams with a bye week left, so Moore's stat's are 1 additional game ahead of the rest of the field.

All I know is I want a TE for the Bills like KC always seems to have. Those are some numbers for Kelce.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 6:34 PM, Ann said:

All I know is I want a TE for the Bills like KC always seems to have. Those are some numbers for Kelce.

Squats. ......that will tighten your end up.

• Haha 1