Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Fans are doing the donation thing again!

BuffaloHokie13

55 minutes ago, Norm said:

My car is really old, barely runs

I follow the Dave Ramsey program. 3 things we should do with money. save, spend, give.  Not necessarily in that order. No particular balance to either but make a plan and stick with it. I know your reply was tongue in cheek but you nailed your point. We gotta take care of us too.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hit that a while ago. I think they reached half a mil a few weeks ago.

My wife used to be on the Board at St Jude Children’s Hospital. I was shocked to learn that the average donation was less than $20. There is HUGE power in numbers. 

Will get my donation in. 

EDIT:  Done. Every little bit helps. 

Edited by Augie
  • Cheers 2

A champion for Buffalo | Josh Norman distributes $500,000 to local businesses

At the start of December, Bills cornerback Josh Norman had a vision of how he could help people in his new community that were struggling due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Norman and his Starz 24 Foundation partnered with Mayor Byron Brown and the City of Buffalo to start the Buffalo Business Blitz; an initiative aimed to provide funds to Buffalo-area businesses in need of support. Norman started with $25,000 of his own money but he isn't the type of person to write a check and just walk away. For the Bills cornerback, that's when the hard work just got started. He challenged local leaders, organizations, teammates, and Bills Mafia to help them reach their goal of raising one million dollars by the start of February.

In a press conference on Friday at the West Side Bazaar, Norman, alongside Shatorah Donavan, the Chief Diversity Officer for the city of Buffalo, and Carolyn Welch, the executive director of the Westminster Economic Development Initiative (WEDI), announced that the Buffalo Business Blitz initiative raised approximately $500,000 to help over 200 local businesses.

</snip>

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, Ann said:

They made it nice and easy if you want it to be from #BillsMafia

donation.JPG

We had a bogus charge on our credit card so my wife started paying more attention. She was seeing a bunch of charges that looked funny so she told me she was going to cancel the card. I had to admit, “Oh, that was me. Yeah, that was me too. If it’s a $17 charge to a charity, that was probably me”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Available at Wegmans:

*Beginning September 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022, an amount equal to half of the purchase price paid by the consumer for this set (excluding taxes or other charges) when purchased in-store at participating Wegmans Food Markets will be donated by Fisher-Price to The Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation providing philanthropic support to John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital to ensure access to high quality health care for the moms, kids and babies of Western New York. Offer open only to residents of NY, PA, NJ, VA, MD, and NC.  No portion of the purchase is tax deductible. For more information about The Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation, visit FOROCH.org. Offer may be extended in Mattel’s sole and absolute discretion. Mattel reserves the right to suspend or cancel the promotion in its sole discretion for any reason including in the event of force majeure.

https://twitter.com/DelReid/status/1438899094223785989

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Reminds me of the Fig Newton commercial where the kid says he’s going to be Cam’s mother’s favorite player (flexes his bicep after pulling back  the sleeve of his short sleeve t-shirt. :lol:

• Like 1