Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BH13's 2020 1st Half QB Rankings

BuffaloHokie13

BuffaloHokie13

We have passed the halfway point in the 2020 NFL Season, so I am here with my quarterly update. I will include the Q1 rankings since some of you may have missed them ATOP. I have separated Q1, Q2, and the Half because I received requests for it (because BBFS says we need to see how far Allen fell off in Q2). A few points of clarity:

- The final column, which the sheets are sorted by, is my efficiency ratings. The stat and formula are my own. It is not ESPN's garbage QBR stat.

- Due to the NFL season being 17 weeks, I have factored bye weeks into my quarters. This means that week 5's stats are included in Q1 for Ben and Tannehill, and this means that Allen's monster performance Sunday is not included in Q2.

- Fumbles refers specifically to fumbles lost, as I specifically track them to account for total turnovers. 

All in all I can't complain too much, as Allen is showing the signs we were all hoping for.

Q1 Rankings:

spacer.png

Q2 Rankings:

spacer.png

1st Half Rankings:

spacer.png

What do you all think? It seems like a tale of two quarters for Allen, but he did rebound tremendously this week!

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 6

@BuffaloHokie13 This is good work. I firmly believe that true Josh is more of the Q1 QB than he is the Q2. I think that shoulder injury may have been nagging him.

Biggest surprise though he's passed the eye test every week is Herbert. He just looks so natural and he's still a baby. I don't think he'll be a situation where defenses figure him out. It'll be good to have someone duking it out with Mahomes every year in that division.

Also, Lamar will continue to decline unless he can figure out how to be a true passer.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2

BuffaloHokie13
3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

@BuffaloHokie13 This is good work. I firmly believe that true Josh is more of the Q1 QB than he is the Q2. I think that shoulder injury may have been nagging him.

Biggest surprise though he's passed the eye test every week is Herbert. He just looks so natural and he's still a baby. I don't think he'll be a situation where defenses figure him out. It'll be good to have someone duking it out with Mahomes every year in that division.

Also, Lamar will continue to decline unless he can figure out how to be a truepassed.

Yeah, Herbert has been very good. He is tracking for the best rookie season since 2011 (I only went back that far)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This means that week 5's stats are included in Q1 for Ben and Tannehill, and this means that Allen's monster performance Sunday is not included in Q2.

Funny because before I knew what I was looking at, I saw 121 sack yards for JA in Q1 and felt like they call came on this past Sunday. Do you have that stat for the Seahawks game yet? I don't know I've ever watched a quarterback get sacked seven times and still win by two scores in a single game.

BuffaloHokie13
19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Funny because before I knew what I was looking at, I saw 121 sack yards for JA in Q1 and felt like they call came on this past Sunday. Do you have that stat for the Seahawks game yet? I don't know I've ever watched a quarterback get sacked seven times and still win by two scores in a single game.

He ranked 5th in week 9 specifically on my ratings. 29 sack yards Sunday, which put him at exactly 400 total yards for the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He ranked 5th in week 9 specifically on my ratings. 29 sack yards Sunday, which put him at exactly 400 total yards for the game.

Thanks. That felt like 229 sack yards.

• Haha 1