Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

I tried selling our old minivan via one of the online places (Shift).  It wasn't nearly as easy as the ads and slick website suggest.  The most interesting part is that they never really take ownership of the car -- they want you to sign over title but leave the seller's name blank (pending them finding a seller).  As expected they low-balled me when they came out to inspect the car.  But the kicker was they don't pay you on the spot, and they do a second inspection back at their place, where of course they found all sorts of issues and wanted to renegotiate to pay rock bottom (dealer) level price.

In the end I said forget it, they brought the car back and I listed it myself on Autotrader and had it sold (ironically with much less hassle), within two days for retail level price.  

• Like 1

The wife is always complaining about the floor being dirty so I bought one of those robot vacuums last week. I had to give it a name that would work for voice commands (Amazon echo), so I named it MegaMaid. 

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

With Odd Job.

Gee, I wonder why they didn't show Pussy Galore?  

It would be a few more years before I understood the meaning of that name. I wasn't a particularly precocious 8 year old. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, shrader said:

The wife is always complaining about the floor being dirty so I bought one of those robot vacuums last week. I had to give it a name that would work for voice commands (Amazon echo), so I named it MegaMaid. 

You should have bought her a mop.

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

You should have bought her a mop.

You can lead a horse to water...

*If by some very remote chance you read this, no, I’m not calling you a horse. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, shrader said:

Please tell me this is a Christmas present. There's nothing more baller than getting your wife cleaning products for Christmas.

I'm taking it to a new level this year. Our dishwasher has been acting up (and slapping her hasn't helped) so I ordered a new one and scheduled the delivery for Christmas eve. Once she goes to bed I'm going to install it and Christmas morning Santa will have brought a new washing machine. Two birds, one stone, boom.

I'm starting to think I should have a pinned advice thread.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My wife asks for a new vacuum cleaner just about every year.  I had to tell her last year "No.  We already have nine."

You have her begging for cleaning products?

default_worthy.gif

37 minutes ago, Robs House said:

You have her begging for cleaning products?

default_worthy.gif

The '50s and early '60s must have been awesome....

Sexist Christmas adverts for women who want hoovers | Daily Mail Online

Edited by KD in CA