Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So you'll take it to the dealer and pay $750 for a "licensed mechanic" to do it.  

However bad it was trying to change that bulb, I'll bet it wasn't nearly as bad as trying to change the stupid car battery on a stupid Prius.  

Fortunately my mechanic will change them for free. I just hate being that “I can’t change a light bulb” guy.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, shrader said:

We made the last payment on our car loan last month. Today I get 4 different extended warranty “offers”. Damn vultures!

One wonders how much the dealer or bank sells that information for(?).

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

One wonders how much the dealer or bank sells that information for(?).

The strange part was that they were 4 similar postcards shipped from 4 different states. The same company shipping t it out of every office they have maybe?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to mow the lawn at one of my rentals today because the tenet wasn't taking care of the lawn and I wanted it short before Winter really sets in. What should have been a 30 minute job took 4 freakin' hours. My legs are whipped. Coronas are tasting mighty good right now.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

So I'm reading a book right now about the transmittal and preservation of classical Greek knowledge (roughly from Homer to Archimedes) in the Medieval world from about 500-1500 AD.  Basically a book about how classical scripts were copied, stored, traded, and traveled through the world, told in a geographical context (e.g. from Alexandria, to Baghdad, to Cordoba, to Toledo, to Sicily...)

In Cordoba, there was a particular individual, Abu al-Zahrawi.  He is a true giant in the field of pre-germ-theory medicine, and not exactly dismissable today (among other things, he invented surgery - invented some of the surgical tools and practices in use today, including scalpels, retractors, forceps, speculae, needle and syringe, anesthetic, and dissolvable stitches).  He wrote a 30-volume encyclopedia of medical knowledge, entitled The Method of Medicine.

The brief title, at least.  The full title?  The Arrangement of Medical Knowledge For One Who Is Not Able to Compile a Book For Himself.

That is some serious shade thrown.  This guy's the original pedantic supercilious anal orifice.  :classic_laugh:  I hope one day I get to write something I can title "For One Who Is not Able to Write a Book For Himself."

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I've had to have two people fired the past two weeks.

The first one, my HR called him Monday to notify him of his termination, arrange for his equipment return, etc.  Then through a masterpiece of miscommunication they called him Tuesday to notify him again... 

The second one, they emailed him his termination package a day early, before anyone talked to him.

HOW IS IT SO HARD TO PROPERLY FIRE PEOPLE?????  :facepalm:  :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The first one, my HR called him Monday to notify him of his termination, arrange for his equipment return, etc.  Then through a masterpiece of miscommunication they called him Tuesday to notify him again... 

The second one, they emailed him his termination package a day early, before anyone talked to him.

You should be their corporate killer

https://youtu.be/0EHKjlLeUFo?t=117

On 11/23/2022 at 8:11 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That is some serious shade thrown.  This guy's the original pedantic supercilious anal orifice.  :classic_laugh:  I hope one day I get to write something I can title "For One Who Is not Able to Write a Book For Himself."

So... you're going to be @Deranged Rhino's ghost writer?

Crap Throwing Clavin

The client today had an email reply-all apocalypse (reply-allpocalypse?)  I got about 300 emails replying to something obviously distributed too widely.

Then someone stepped in and said "Stop replying to all!"

Then people decided "Oh, I shouldn't have replied.  I'll recall my email."

Now I have 300 more "So-and-so would like to recall..." emails.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 2:38 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Because of the brilliant CA laws that say you need to pay people through the day you terminate them, on the day you terminate them, I once had an employee find out she was being fired because she saw her final paycheck processed in the system.  Oh well......I'd have felt worse if she wasn't being fired for being completely useless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Because of the brilliant CA laws that say you need to pay people through the day you terminate them, on the day you terminate them, I once had an employee find out she was being fired because she saw her final paycheck processed in the system.  Oh well......I'd have felt worse if she wasn't being fired for being completely useless.

My bro was making some extra money after retirement in shipping and receiving at Home Depot. He wasn't impressed by the younger work ethic. So the boss comes up to this kid one day and tells him to pickup his paycheck. 

Kid, "But it's not payday."

Boss, "For you it is. "

• Cheers 2