Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

My wife asks for a new vacuum cleaner just about every year.  I had to tell her last year "No.  We already have nine."

You haven't made the spare parts into a fusion reactor yet?

My wife and I were singing Blitzkrieg Bop last night -- but as though it were being performed on the Lawrence Welk Show.  Now I can't hear the song normal.

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, AZ. said:

It would be a few more years before I understood the meaning of that name. I wasn't a particularly precocious 8 year old. 

I definitely knew the whole time. I definitely didn't make that connect right now when you pointed it out. Definitely.  :wallbash:

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:37 PM, DC Tom said:

(Side note: Westinghouse was once the Navy's main supplier of jet engines.  Their engines were known for generating only slightly more thrust than their refrigerators.)

Westinghouse was also Thomas Edison's nickname for the electric chair

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Overheard at meeting today: "Don't overthink things.  We don't need to test code before it goes in to production."

:wallbash:

You're supposed to test in prod.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Overheard at meeting today: "Don't overthink things.  We don't need to test code before it goes in to production."

We need to release it to see what's in it.

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And the code we don't need to test before putting it in prod?  Eight database tables, 12 views, and 30 Java classes.

"But they should be fine, they don't impact anything."

Great, I was hoping to spend my week preparing the deployment of 50 untested code artifacts that provide no value to anyone.  Guess who's code isn't getting deployed this week?

Developer war stories. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:44 AM, DC Tom said:

Wow.  I heard lots of stupid things when I was working but this would be at the top.  

This is like Hershey not being able to ship product during the holiday season or obama care website not working.

7 hours ago, Just Joshin said:

Wow.  I heard lots of stupid things when I was working but this would be at the top.  

This is like Hershey not being able to ship product during the holiday season or obama care website not working.

Tom likely programmed that too.

🤪

30 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There are two categories of video compilations I can never get enough of.....idiots trying to park, and idiots trying to cut down a tree:

Compilation videos that I never tire of are girls with guns

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Did you ask him his username ATOP?

I wish there was a home run answer to this one, but there are way too many options. 

If he’s still around, I’ll go with dog