Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Any vodka drinkers here? Need to buy a bottle as a gift for a dude who referred a job to us, and I prefer to get a recommendation rather than just sort by price. Top shelf stuff is what I'm after.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Any vodka drinkers here? Need to buy a bottle as a gift for a dude who referred a job to us, and I prefer to get a recommendation rather than just sort by price. Top shelf stuff is what I'm after.

Personally, I like Ciroc or Grey Goose. Of course, if your going for presentation, you might like Dan Akroyd's Crystal Head.

24131-0w0h0_Crystal_Head_Vodka.jpg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Personally, I like Ciroc or Grey Goose. Of course, if your going for presentation, you might like Dan Akroyd's Crystal Head.

24131-0w0h0_Crystal_Head_Vodka.jpg

Thanks. I saw that and figured it was just a gimic. Then I saw the Pride version....and I was out. :classic_laugh:

12850951585822.png

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Got an email for a job today from a recruiter.  Job description matched the job I just left perfectly.  Then I noticed the name was the name of a recruiter at my former company.  Then I checked the application link, and it led to my former company's hiring page (was minified, so not immediately recognizable.)  Dumbass recruiter is recruiting me for the position I just left.

Of course, this is the same dumbass recruiter I worked with to staff my previous project, who sent me a resume template from Monster, with the address of a 7/11 on it, claiming it was a real candidate.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Got an email for a job today from a recruiter.  Job description matched the job I just left perfectly.  Then I noticed the name was the name of a recruiter at my former company.  Then I checked the application link, and it led to my former company's hiring page (was minified, so not immediately recognizable.)  Dumbass recruiter is recruiting me for the position I just left.

Of course, this is the same dumbass recruiter I worked with to staff my previous project, who sent me a resume template from Monster, with the address of a 7/11 on it, claiming it was a real candidate.  

Similar story, I got let go by the famed Joe Nacchio regime in 2001. Filed for and received unemployment for the 1st time in my life  First job referral from the Employment Department was for my previous position.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 8:05 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A few years ago, I accepted a job offer for a position that would not open for a few months.  I wanted to keep it on the down low and only told a handful of people.

At some point, to my surprise, a coworker asked where I was going and when my last day was.  Somebody must have leaked it up the chain to where they opened up my current position.

And yes, I was contacted by a recruiter about the position I was already in and planning to leave.

• Like 1

So I'm in AZ watching  some Cactus League Spring training games.

It's a drizzly day with a sparse crowd and I'm on the 3rd base side. A foul pop up falls on the 1st base side and some kids start going after the ball. A lady behind me says listen to those boys shrieking. Her young son says, "Mom, those were girls, boys don't shriek like that."

All the guys around me had a good laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

One more Spring Training story:
So I go to the Reds v Padres game wearing my Red’s Spring Training T- shirt and Expos hat. Two Canadians come walking in with matching Expo’s gear – Guerrero jerseys and Expo’s hat. They see my Expo’s hat and exclaim, “Wow great to see another fellow Expo fan here in Arizona! We’re from Montreal supporting our fellow Cincinnati brethren.” I explain that I wear the Expo’s hat to be team neutral during Spring Training games and am really a Yankee’s fan.“ Well, it was nice knowing you” they exclaimed as they went on their merry way.

TYTT is smiling somewhere...

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Boss from old project calls me at 10:30 on a Sunday morning, asking me to come back.

You realize that one of the reasons I left is because you'd schedule meetings for 10:30 Sunday mornings, don't you?

At least, that was what I thought.  What I said was "I'd rather juggle live squid."

• Like 1
  • Applause 3