Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

38 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

Subs were involved, but we never knew about them.

Uhmm, that was the point

The only people who know where a sub is are on board the sub. 

Not even the President, Secretary of Defense, Joint Chiefs, or Fleet Admirals know where a sub is at any moment.  They have a general idea, but the exact location never leaves the boat.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

So mentioned earlier we have a new kitten.  Reggie.

A little background on my cat's names: we've had four, this is #5.  The first four:

Katia.  Named after Yekaterina Budenova.  Soviet female WWII fighter ace with 6 victories.

Leila.  Named for Lilya Litvak, Soviet female fighter ace with 8 victories.

Tania.  Named after Tania Chernova.  Sniper at Stalingrad (played by Racheal Weisz in Enemy at the Gates). 

Langley.  She came to us named Langley, as a two year old.  I figured "Okay...Sam Langley was a pioneer of naval aviation.  We can keep that name."

So Reggie came to us named.  Six months old, young enough to change, but I decided to keep the name.  My wife finally asked "So who's Reggie named after?"

"Reginald Mitchell, of course."

"Of course.  Who's that?"

"Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire."

"Why did I marry you?"

She married you and she uses cat's names to question it??  I've never met you and I can come up with at least 10 other more valid reasons.  🙂 

Our last cat's name was Pongo.  Named after P.G. Wodehouse character Reginald "Pongo" Twistleton.  He was put down about 10 years or so. So along comes the next cat, a female, and we wanted to deep with the Wodehouse character theme.  So we went with Stephanie "Stiffy" Byng.  Yes our cat's name is Stiffy. 

On 12/26/2020 at 11:42 AM, Koko said:

What the &#%$ did I just watch?

Steel Panther is the &#%$ing best. 

When I &#%$, I like playing Steel Panther. It’s my version of Vandross. 

I just coiled up a string of Christmas lights. By pure chance all the colors grouped together, red with red, green with green...

Is it strange that I thought this was pretty cool?

13 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just coiled up a string of Christmas lights. By pure chance all the colors grouped together, red with red, green with green...

Is it strange that I thought this was pretty cool?

It would be strange if you didn't find that to be pretty cool.

20 hours ago, DC Tom said:

So I had a dream...

I dreamt I created a Word document, and named it "Bird Bird Bird."  The contents of the document were, of course, a page of "Ooo mao mao mao, ba ba ooo mao, mao mao."  

My wife tells me "I don't know why you'd do that."  So I told her "But everybody knows about the bird!"  And she left me.

And then the Trashmen found the document online and turned it into a hit song in 1963.  To which I said "But you can't do that, that would be time travel.

At which point Christopher Nolan bought the rights to my dream about time travel and turned it in to both Inception and Tenet.

Then I woke up, thankfully.  That is, by far, the stupidest dream I've ever had.

Well imagine how WE feel after reading that drivel. :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

I want to make it my mission in life to get people to stop adding an “s” at the end of “anyway”. Sadly, I’m still fighting my battle against “seen”. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I want to make it my mission in life to get people to stop adding an “s” at the end of “anyway”. Sadly, I’m still fighting my battle against “seen”. 

If I recall, you killed it in the “pet peeves” thread way back when ATOP

2 hours ago, shrader said:

As am I against people who think any word ending in s should have an apostrophe.    Go Bill's!  :wallbash:

So you and I should make a pact to murder anyone we catch writing "anyway's"

31 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

As am I against people who think any word ending in s should have an apostrophe.    Go Bill's!  :wallbash:

So you and I should make a pact to murder anyone we catch writing "anyway's"

That would be the very moment my head explodes. My wife forced me to proofread every single thing she writes (ok, not the grocery list) and it drives me mad. But just this once I’m glad she did. She tried to put the apostrophe on the Christmas card. 

24 minutes ago, shrader said:

That would be the very moment my head explodes. My wife forced me to proofread every single thing she writes (ok, not the grocery list) and it drives me mad. But just this once I’m glad she did. She tried to put the apostrophe on the Christmas card. 

Merry Christma's!   I hope Santa Clau's brought you lot's of present's!!

• Wow 1

Hitbyaparkedcar
2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

138577182_10158198450274565_1350635564477588333_n.thumb.jpg.953e04789a3a661cb3bf4dcbe5fd1d69.jpg

I have used this on my dog before. It's true, it makes them faster and smarter, but also quicker in smaller spaces and 3 cone drills.

• Haha 1