Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Playoff Bubble or Home Playoff games?

plenzmd1

Looks like i have a better chance of getting mistaken for Brad Pitt than the Bills have of having fans in the strands. So, IF we make some assumptions and for poops and giggles sake we say everything ends exactly as it stands today.

Question becomes, would you rather have a bubble city for the playoff games with the possibility of fans like MLB did....Or play in Buffalo in January as you think that presents a home field advantage.

I am all over a playoff bubble say in Jacksonville , Nashville., or Charlotte. Think it would need to be someplace a little warm with an outdoor stadium, so think Atlanta is out. Bills fans would overwhelm the other side, no matter the opponent, and i would think Bills as home team would get the vast majority of tickets.

Cross-country travel notwithstanding, I have not seen where being at home with an empty stadium provides any real benefit to the home team. And if a bubble permits fans, the question is, how many? Allowing 5000 people in a 50,000 seat stadium feels a little like taking a dump in the Grand Canyon. Yeah, it'd be kinda cool, but would it make any difference to the game itself? I just don't think so.

On the other hand, I'm not one to hop a plane to see a playoff game, so it carries less value to me if you're not going to fill the stadium to capacity. I watched some footage recently of a Tyrod vs. Arizona TD, and I somehow forgot how absolutely incredible it is when the the Bills score a TD in a winning effort when the Ralph is full of fans.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey

This version of the 2020 Bills team? They need to play in a dome all playoffs long to help their passing game.  So I vote for two playoff bubbles - Indy for the AFC, and MIN for the NFC.  And as for fans, well I don't see that happening.  If anything the milquetoast municipalities will roll back fans in stands shortly to zero.

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

This version of the 2020 Bills team? They need to play in a dome all playoffs long to help their passing game.  So I vote for two playoff bubbles - Indy for the AFC, and MIN for the NFC.  And as for fans, well I don't see that happening.  If anything the milquetoast municipalities will roll back fans in stands shortly to zero.

Sure seems like they might be better in a dome! Only thing i would say on fans..is they have them now in selected city, think they would them for bubble

56 minutes ago, Ann said:

Depends, does that bubble dome have fans in the stands for the other team? If so, nope. Orchard Park it is.

wonder how they did them in Texas for the MLB?

Beer__League__Hockey
10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sure seems like they might be better in a dome! Only thing i would say on fans..is they have them now in selected city, think they would them for bubble

wonder how they did them in Texas for the MLB?

No fans at all per the MLB's guidance, I believe.

3 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

My thoughts exactly. Cold weather benefits teams with a strong defense and power running game. Seeing as how we have neither, home field advantage may be a dubious honor.