Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Favorite NFC Team?

Ann

I like Green Bay. Cold-weather team, small market -- lots of similarities to Buffalo.

Edited by Sum Ting Wong
Edit: Except the "history of winning" part...
  • Like 2

No favorite NFC team. I root for certain players. I root for the Seahawks when they're not playing the Bills because I've liked Russ since college. I used to root for Dallas cus I liked Romo.

• Like 1

Green Bay Packers  are my favorite NFC team. Bart Starr, Paul Hornung & Jim Taylor were my football hero's back in the day from the old NFL . The AFL Bills were and still are my favorite team period! Go Bills!!!🏈🏆

• Like 1

When it comes to the NFC, I'm usually more interested in players than teams. Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan are usually at the top of that list. I used to be a pretty big Aaron Rogers fan, especially the way he moves in the pocket around pressure. He's one of the best I've ever seen when it comes to feeling the defense around him. But somehow, and I'm not sure why, he started looking like a douche to me whenever the cameras were on him during bad times...like he's looking for anyone else to blame for that pick or fumble besides himself.

I was also a huge Eli fan, because I'm not afraid to openly love another man if that man spoiled the perfect *Patriots season. 

And speaking of Mannings, @Ann, I'll forever believe one of the most amazing stories of the NFL is that a great NFL quarterback can raise TWO sons who would go on to win SBs and SB MVPs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And speaking of Mannings, @Ann, I'll forever believe one of the most amazing stories of the NFL is that a great NFL quarterback can raise TWO sons who would go on to win SBs and SB MVPs. 

That is a true family dynasty. It is also very interesting in light of how many superior quarterbacks have not had progeny go on to the NFL, never mind play quarterback.

3 hours ago, Ann said:

I have a favorite NFC team: The NO Saints. I have watched them since the days of Archie Manning. I have no idea why. Heck, I don't even know why I got interested in football.
I am also certain everyone here appreciated the Saints beating Marsha twice this year. The last win being  a massacre. :yahoo:

I was in the Air Force in Biloxi Ms during Archie's tenure. No internet, or news about Bills so I followed the Saints bc it was 90 miles away. After the games Archie and Danny Abramowitz would be on TV or radio explaining why they lost . The fans wore paper bags over their heads and they were nicknamed the aints.

One time the Bills played them in Tulane Stadium before the Super Dome. The Bills had OJ and I expected them to win so I got in the car and attended the game. My mistake was to cheer for the Bills early so they knew I was the one Bills fan. Of course the Bills lost. At half time I couldn't take it so I left. As I left the Saints fans yelled don't leave..stay. That was the only away game I ever attended.

Otherwise, I enjoy seeing Dallas lose. I feel sorry for the Cleveland, Detroit and Jets fans. I root for the under dog

• Like 2

I don’t really have secondary teams that stay consistent. I root for teams based on liking the coaches or the players at any given time. I was big on the Eagles before their Super Bowl run cause I liked Wentz, but they’re not very likable now. The Broncos were a team I was looking forward to this year, but that hasn’t gone anywhere. 

I don’t really care for any of the NFC teams this year... the East is unwatchable, I’m kinda over Rodgers and the Packers, can’t stand Peyton but I like Brees, screw Marsha, I usually like the Seahawks but their hype is a little annoying this year (less so this week)... I kinda like the Rams for their underdog status and now that the media isn’t slurping McVey constantly, but their crapping the bed against the Dolphins make me hate them too.

• Like 2

It's always easier to identfy teams I hate - Cowboys, Washington Football Team, Cowboys

The team I like in the NFC most right now is the Panthers.  I like Rhule and Bridgewater.

• Like 1

Football is the one sport where I only like my team and hate everyone else.  That’s the sole reason why I don’t get into fantasy football. That being said, I’ve always preferred teams in the AFC. I like it when the Raiders and the Browns and the Jets are good.  

For the NFC, I like teams year by year.  I liked the Rams when Warner was playing there.  I liked the Montana and Young-led 49ers.  Loved when the Eagles beat the *Patriots in the SB.  This year, no team interests me.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t really have secondary teams that stay consistent. I root for teams based on liking the coaches or the players at any given time. I was big on the Eagles before their Super Bowl run cause I liked Wentz, but they’re not very likable now. The Broncos were a team I was looking forward to this year, but that hasn’t gone anywhere. 

I don’t really care for any of the NFC teams this year... the East is unwatchable, I’m kinda over Rodgers and the Packers, can’t stand Peyton but I like Brees, screw Marsha, I usually like the Seahawks but their hype is a little annoying this year (less so this week)... I kinda like the Rams for their underdog status and now that the media isn’t slurping McVey constantly, but their crapping the bed against the Dolphins make me hate them too.

Solid analysis, i agree on all that.

As far as NFC teams go, I always had a soft spot for the 49'er since the old John Brodie days. I liked the Packers with Favre, but Aaron Rodgers is no Brett Favre.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Solid analysis, i agree on all that.

As far as NFC teams go, I always had a soft spot for the 49'er since the old John Brodie days. I liked the Packers with Favre, but Aaron Rodgers is no Brett Favre.

I can't handle the 49ers back and forth with Garapalo this year. They're too good to be that bad, I know they've been injuried, but there are other issues.

Yeah, my Grandparents lived in Wisconsin and I really liked the Packers for a while, but I'm not a fan of Rodgers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niagara said:

I was in the Air Force in Biloxi Ms during Archie's tenure. 

My best friend in high school drew a low lottery number so he enlisted in the AF and wound up in Biloxi. He really didn't like it there.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I can't handle the 49ers back and forth with Garapalo this year. They're too good to be that bad, I know they've been injuried, but there are other issues.

Belachek gave the 49ers a poison pill.

16 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Arizona.

You have a conflict this Sunday.

The Cardinals are the oldest NFL team, originally the Chicago Cardinals at 1:10

Notice Buffalo was an original NFL city.

Edited by Niagara