Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 10: BILLS @ Cardinals : The Aftermath

Ann

41 minutes ago, Joe said:

I was until for the 20th time in as many years they kicked me in the scrotum. You'd think the jewels would be numb by now.

Yep. That about sums up being a Bills fan.

22avtw.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Deflating loss, but these things happen.

The measure of how good this team is will be how they rebound from a loss like this, with two weeks to prepare for the Chargers.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Joe said:

Query: are you confident the Bills will win the division?

If so, why?

I am. My reasoning is this:

1) We’re through the hardest part of our schedule. Just win the ones we’re supposed to and we’re looking at 11-4 headed into week 17.

2) I expect Tua to have a “welcome to the nfl, rookie” game or two where the fish lose a game they should otherwise win before the year is up

3) We can at worst split head to head with the fish, and are 4-0 in the division whereas they already have 2 division losses. Even if we end up tied with the fish, the tiebreakers favor us. I doubt the fish will finish with a better record than us outright due to point #2.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

This one was on the defense and Josh didn't have his best game, but... Our running backs flat out blow. The Singletary who used to find holes and drag defenders goes down like a prom dress on contact. I can recall one good run by Moss – I believe it was for 14 yards. I never got the Yeldon hate ATOP. Yes, he might suck. But sucking might be an upgrade over what we have now.

The backs had a total of 11 carries, pretty small sample size.  Offensively I put this on the coaches who weren't willing to take advantage of a very depleted D-line of the Cards.  They started the game with at least 2 linemen out and lost at least one more not too deep into the game.  We should have been able to bulldoze them as they were playing backups and not having bodies to rotate.  It's as if their coaching staff called ours and asked us not to run much. 

• Like 2

leh-nerd skin-erd
52 minutes ago, Joe said:

I went from being supremely confident they would to not confident in 30 seconds.

Too much leodis mckelvinism in that final drive for my liking.

I was at the game when Leodis fumbled.  That sucked. 

This game....I was on the ledge after Josh threw the pick. I moved closer to the window when they stopped the Cards inside their own 10.  When Josh threw the TD pass to DIggs I jumped and nearly fell off the ledge to certain death many floors below.  I came in off the ledge. 

The Hail Mary sucked donkey balls but oddly, I was at peace with whatever happened.  Great play, happens infrequently but damn Hopkins is a good receiver. 

We went on the road to a very good west coast team and were leading with 2 seconds to go until they got beat on an incredible hail Mary catch.

We've got issues on defense and on in the offensive running game.

We are on a bye week.  Will be getting healthy going down the stretch.  

Relax.

19 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

The backs had a total of 11 carries, pretty small sample size.  Offensively I put this on the coaches who weren't willing to take advantage of a very depleted D-line of the Cards.  They started the game with at least 2 linemen out and lost at least one more not too deep into the game.  We should have been able to bulldoze them as they were playing backups and not having bodies to rotate.  It's as if their coaching staff called ours and asked us not to run much. 

Oh, I'm not suggesting the RBs were the reason we lost. Today was a small sample size, but let's take a look at the last five games: Singletary is averaging 3.3 YPC with no TDs, and that includes his decent game vs. New England. The other four were atrocious. I just don't see anything resembling "Motor" this year. He seems to get swallowed up easily on every run, and although Josh is a hero, he can't do everything. For a running back who is so well-rested, I expect more than 3.3 YPC. Just my 2 cents, ofc.

• Like 1

Just now, Sum Ting Wong said:

Oh, I'm not suggesting the RBs were the reason we lost. Today was a small sample size, but let's take a look at the last five games: Singletary is averaging 3.3 YPC with no TDs, and that includes his decent game vs. New England. The other four were atrocious. I just don't see anything resembling "Motor" this year. He seems to get swallowed up easily on every run, and although Josh is a hero, he can't do everything. For a running back who is so well-rested, I expect more than 3.3 YPC. Just my 2 cents, ofc.

Yup. I posted in the game thread I like Singletary, but he has terrible balance after contact this year.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The Hail Mary sucked donkey balls but oddly, I was at peace with whatever happened.  Great play, happens infrequently but damn Hopkins is a good receiver. 

I'll add this: even after a loss like that, how'd you like to be Houston fan right now? Watching them lose game after game, only to see Hopkins make the big play of the weekend...even the year, so far? 

I feel like the woman in Airplane! "To be honest, I've never been so scared. But at least I've got a husband."

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

This one was on the defense and Josh didn't have his best game, but... Our running backs flat out blow. The Singletary who used to find holes and drag defenders goes down like a prom dress on contact. I can recall one good run by Moss – I believe it was for 14 yards. I never got the Yeldon hate ATOP. Yes, he might suck. But sucking might be an upgrade over what we have now.

This is why I do anything to get McCaffrey in here 

I said a loss would be no big deal in the grand scheme of things....but not losing like that.  Man this stings. 

Hopefully McD gets this message across in the locker room:  It doesn't matter how we win.....it all looks the same in the W column.....and it's the same with the L in the loss column.  First 10 games showed we can beat any team in the league...even when we aren't playing good.  And we were missing some key parts today on the oline and had a Covid outbreak in the secondary room yesterday.  That's 2020 fellas.  And this was just week 10.  We're on to the Chargers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I said a loss would be no big deal in the grand scheme of things....but not losing like that.  Man this stings. 

Hopefully McD gets this message across in the locker room:  It doesn't matter how we win.....it all looks the same in the W column.....and it's the same with the L in the loss column.  First 10 games showed we can beat any team in the league...even when we aren't playing good.  And we were missing some key parts today on the oline and had a Covid outbreak in the secondary room yesterday.  That's 2020 fellas.  And this was just week 10.  We're on to the Chargers.  

It stings but if you would've offered me 7-3 going into the bye with this schedule at the beginning of the season I would've taken it.  It sucks we have to dwell on this loss for two weeks.  However, it gives us time to get healthy and hopefully we play with an edge the rest of the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It stings but if you would've offered me 7-3 going into the bye with this schedule at the beginning of the season I would've taken it.  It sucks we have to dwell on this loss for two weeks.  However, it gives us time to get healthy and hopefully we play with an edge the rest of the season.

Or....We can enjoy our life and family and put football aside for 2 weeks.....just a thought. I agree on the 7-3. This loss in my mind is much easier to stomach then the other 2. We were in this and lost because of a phenomenal play with 3 seconds left. Nobody needs to get fired. Everybody needs to get healthy. Perhaps Mitch will be active and playing. Perhaps Brown will get healthy. Perhaps out run game will get figured out. Perhaps a week apart will stop the Covid concerns. LETS GO BILLS!!

Man, one of those loses i shut down all social media and regular media after the game...just like the playoff loss last year. 

Will maybe turn into GMFB , maybe have the stomach to watch Primetime at some point...and maybe by Wednesday be mentally a in place that i dont want to kick the dogs anymore LOL

Well it seems pretty obvious who McD thinks is most at fault for the Hail Mary. He was visibly angry saying, "Knock the ball down. Knock the ball down." Seeing the clip on slo-mo from every different angle it's clear.

Poyer came flying in attempting to knock it away with one hand. Ended up barreling into White.

Hyde went up with one hand and attempted to swat the ball down. He hit the ball, but Hopkins grip was just too strong.

White positioned himself well and then went up for the interception. Poyer barreled into him as he was trying to pull the ball in. It almost looked as if his trying to catch the ball inadvertently helped Hopkins keep his grip when Hyde swatted it.

I'm certain White will get talked to for making the selfish play.

BuffaloHokie13
39 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man, one of those loses i shut down all social media and regular media after the game...just like the playoff loss last year. 

Will maybe turn into GMFB , maybe have the stomach to watch Primetime at some point...and maybe by Wednesday be mentally a in place that i dont want to kick the dogs anymore LOL

I honestly turned the game off after Allen's second INT, so I was spared the emotional rollercoaster that was the comeback and hail Mary. After the flurry of penalties, defense clearly wearing down, and offense sputtering I just couldn't watch any more. Had to go play call of duty and have a drink instead. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I honestly turned the game off after Allen's second INT, so I was spared the emotional rollercoaster that was the comeback and hail Mary. After the flurry of penalties, defense clearly wearing down, and offense sputtering I just couldn't watch any more. Had to go play call of duty and have a drink instead. 

you have a fough couple of weeks between the Hokies last 5 Vs Liberty, then the Miami game, then this..yikes, you needed a drink!

I was more stunned than hurt after this one. 

Great players made a great play at the end.

An awful 3rd quarter from the offense and special teams is what allowed the team to get back into the game.

Andre Roberts returning the ball to the 10 or 11 twice I believe.

Offense scoring 7, but was mainly due to the short field given to them by the turnover. Didn't do anything else for the 3rd.

Crappy punt by Bojo gifting the cardinals points.

We play a better game that quarter on O and ST we win the game and the hail mary doesnt matter.

I thought the D played well for the most part.

Also on that 2nd INT, I thought Davis should have worked back to the ball some to block the defender from undercutting the route (Beasley did this on a play earlier in the game). Davis will learn from that though

• Like 1

At this point I'm resigned to the Bills being a wildcard.

Just looked at Miami's schedule, they've won 5 straight, and have denver, Jets and Bengals coming up. They're going to be 9-3.

That's a foregone conclusion. Then they have a couple tough ones, KC and LV.

Question is, will the Chiefs and Raiders beat them? If they win even ONE of those two, it's going to be hard for the Bills to win the division.