Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Just saw this at PFT Boomer Esiason hints that Bill Cowher could return to coach the JESTS

There must be a ton of money attached to that job.

That has "Joe Gibbs 2" written all over it.  I like Cower but the NFL is MUCH different now than it was when he left.  It doesn't matter that he's a commentator - that's not the same as having to deal with today's players, the changes in how the game is played, officiating, etc.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

I don't think we have any room to talk about giving up hail Marys.

Had a Hail Mary beat them, it would've been, ok, you lost.  

Gregggggggo called a "go ahead and hit the receiver if you can" play and Carr did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

If Greggo's gambit on that last play was to submarine Gase, it backfired bigly.  🙂

I thought the exact same thing when I heard he was fired. 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Just saw this at PFT Boomer Esiason hints that Bill Cowher could return to coach the JESTS

There must be a ton of money attached to that job.

Meh Cowher's name comes up every time there is a coaching job available in a sad-sack organization. Maybe he'll do for the Jets what he did for the Bills and recommend someone. :classic_dry:

25 minutes ago, Koko said:

And with that job gone, so should any possibility of him ever being a HC be gone too.  But, should Miami or the Cheatriots decide he's the right man when Flores eventually wears out his welcome/ decides to move on or Hoody finally retires, am 99% in favor of it.  (It goes to 100% if the Bills can figure out how to not suffer major key injuries from cheap hits.)

15 minutes ago, Ann said:

"Dumbest call ever."  :classic_laugh:  He's not wrong.

I think it's even more poignant that he pointed out how poorly executed it was.  Not only was it a terrible call (100% terrible since you lost a game you had a 99% chance of winning) but here you are 3/4ths of the way through the season and you still like like a Chinese Fire Drill.

I don't know how Greggo gets another NFL gig.

2 hours ago, Koko said:

Wow.  What a dick move.  Not defending Gregggo but this game was thrown just as much as the Jets/*Patriots game.  They made that call on purpose.  The very play before the completed bomb was another long throw by Carr into the endzone.  Agholor was open but Carr overthrew him.  It wasn't like Gregggo didn't know that they were going deep.  I guarantee that call would have been different if the Jaguars were winning and weren't going to overtime.

The CBS studio crew right after that game brought up a good point.  Gase could have overruled that call. Boomer said the only way that they make that shitty call is if they want to lose the game.  Everyone went uncomfortably quiet as soon as he said it.

• Like 1

Maybe he could get a job at that High School where the kid decked the Ref after getting ejected. He shouldn’t ever get an NFL job again. Ever. 

The cool thing about that play (& am a few minutes behind to not have to watch commercials during the game) is 10 minutes into Monday Night Countdown and EVERYTHING is about Gase/ Gregggggggo and not a single word about the Bills returning to the site of Hail Murray.  (Yeah, they'll still show it 5+ times tonight, but at least for now, the friggin' play doesn't exist.)

• Like 1