Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Updated title: [ All WB Movies in 2021 to HBO Max] Wonder Woman 1984 to HBO Max

Ann

I'd have gone to the show to see this. Probably the only movie this year I'd have definitely hauled my hiney into a movie theater for...

After Mulan :yuck: - which I bought because I wanted to encourage direct options even though the reviews were horrible (and it was simply an awful movie, and I say this as someone for whom the Mulan animated is my favorite Disney cartoon movie) I wondered what "big" movie would be direct for $$. This one shocks me as it isn't an extra cost (HBO Max is $14.99/mo if not part of your digital package)  and it would have made bank in the theaters.

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to Debut Both on HBO Max and in Theaters

Audiences will get to see “Wonder Woman 1984” on Christmas Day after all. After much speculation, Warner Bros. announced that the superhero sequel will debut on the streaming service HBO Max on Dec. 25, the same day it will open in U.S. movie theaters.

Internationally, where HBO Max is not available, “Wonder Woman 1984” will premiere in cinemas one week earlier, on Dec. 16. The film will stream on HBO Max for a month at no additional cost to subscribers.

</snip>

• 2 weeks later...

Warner Bros. Smashes Box Office Windows, Will Send Entire 2021 Slate to HBO Max and Theaters

In an unprecedented announcement, the studio will send 17 films — including 'The Matrix 4,' 'The Suicide Squad' and 'Dune' to its streaming service for 31 days the same day they hit theaters.

</snip>

The studio announced Thursday day-and-date releases for its 17-film slate, which will hit HBO Max for a one-month window that starts the same day they will be available in U.S. theaters.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 11/19/2020 at 12:37 PM, Ann said:

This one shocks me as it isn't an extra cost (HBO Max is $14.99/mo if not part of your digital package)  and it would have made bank in the theaters.

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to Debut Both on HBO Max and in Theaters

Audiences will get to see “Wonder Woman 1984” on Christmas Day after all.

Saw a little bit of The Gladiator last night...which led me to Connie Nielsen...which led me to Wonder Women 1984..which 😊
Connie Nielsen is a Modern Day Wonder Woman

• Like 1

Signing up wouldn’t be a bad move if you had planned on seeing a lot of those movies in theaters. The price pretty much washes out with seeing one movie a month. I just don’t see enough on that list to make me interested. I may just do their free trial if there’s one I’m really interested in. 

As a DC junky, I could potentially be convinced to do that for Suicide Squad and the Justice League re-do whenever that’s out. 

25 minutes ago, shrader said:

Signing up wouldn’t be a bad move if you had planned on seeing a lot of those movies in theaters. The price pretty much washes out with seeing one movie a month. I just don’t see enough on that list to make me interested. I may just do their free trial if there’s one I’m really interested in. 

As a DC junky, I could potentially be convinced to do that for Suicide Squad and the Justice League re-do whenever that’s out. 

Amazon firestick + my HBO subscription made it free for me, so we downloaded the app. Supposedly roku is in the works, but that is a money issue. We shall see.

If you are a DC junky, watch Doom Patrol on HBO Max. I just finished the first season, and it is better than 95% of the DC movies (I know, that is not saying much...).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...