Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's still the second-best QB in the division, behind...Mac Jones.  [/idiots]

• Haha 3

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Tell me coach, what can you make of these throws?

Tua Tagovailoa Under Throws Tyreek Hill #miamidolphins #nfl #tyreekhill #tua #football

Oh, I can make a hat. I can make a broach. Or a pterodactyl. 

• Haha 6

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

They beat the Jets twice.  That's kinda impressive.

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You can only beat the teams on your schedule but there wasn't much impressive about them blowing a high draft choice for "team confidence". 

They look more talented on paper now but that won't mean anything between the lines if they don't change their identity.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

...won't mean anything between the lines if they don't change their identity.

And their QB. I'm not talent evaluator, but part of me feels like Tua hit his ceiling already. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

And their QB. I'm not talent evaluator, but part of me feels like Tua hit his ceiling already. 

He'd be lucky to get a pass that high.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

While this list also has Gabe Davis, I am not sure how much credence it has with listing Tua. 

Six NFL players poised for a breakout 2022 season: Tua Tagovailoa among those ready to make a leap
These six emerging young players are set up for much bigger things in 2022

Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins

I love the track team assembled around him. I buy that this young QB is in fact the same kid who set records at Alabama and had teams tanking for him. The madness of playing under dueling offensive coordinators -- or mystery coordinators or whatever the hell Brian Flores was trying to do on the offensive staff -- is behind him. It's a fresh start under Mike McDaniel. The pass-catchers will get a ton of YAC. The offensive line is much improved. They will run the ball. Tua won't have to be super flashy to be very effective. I like the fit.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

While this list also has Gabe Davis, I am not sure how much credence it has with listing Tua. 

Six NFL players poised for a breakout 2022 season: Tua Tagovailoa among those ready to make a leap
These six emerging young players are set up for much bigger things in 2022

Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins

I love the track team assembled around him. I buy that this young QB is in fact the same kid who set records at Alabama and had teams tanking for him. The madness of playing under dueling offensive coordinators -- or mystery coordinators or whatever the hell Brian Flores was trying to do on the offensive staff -- is behind him. It's a fresh start under Mike McDaniel. The pass-catchers will get a ton of YAC. The offensive line is much improved. They will run the ball. Tua won't have to be super flashy to be very effective. I like the fit.

Really?  Let's go check the 'Bama passing records...

...huh.  'Bama's all-time passing leader is A.J. McCarron.  Maybe "college passing records" isn't the predictor we think it is.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Really?  Let's go check the 'Bama passing records...

...huh.  'Bama's all-time passing leader is A.J. McCarron.  Maybe "college passing records" isn't the predictor we think it is.

Or, it's exactly the predictor that anybody who isn't getting paid to shill for Tua realizes it is. 

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

I do think Tua had more potential than those who came before him at Alabama.  They're just so stacked that if you don't turn the ball over you're gonna have stupid stats/success.  His injuries and Miami's team building/philosophy have been limiting factors but he's about out of excuses now.

College QBs rarely translate to the NFL.  I do think that's going to start changing because guys are getting a lot more passes off at the lowest levels of football.  We may very well be in the dawn of the golden age of QBing but the bigger, better athletes are going to carry the day.

Everybody is looking for the next Josh Allen.  How &#%$ing great is that?

• Like 6
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Tua's getting offended by people pointing out the obvious:

Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa pushes back on arm strength criticism

</snip>

Tagovailoa completed a pair of deep passes to wide receiver Tyreek Hill -- for 45 and 55 yards -- and made clear how he felt about the skepticism regarding his perceived arm strength.

"Yeah, if you've seen the third-to-the-last play we had -- I don't know if I could throw the ball downfield still, but by my account, I think that might have been a touchdown to Tyreek," he said after practice. "If not, then we scored two plays after that to Tyreek. So you know, however you want to write down any of that to social media or whatever outlets you guys are with."

</snip>

Arm of Harm
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Having below-average arm strength is fine, if you’re a West Coast QB. The hallmark of a good West Coast QB is the ability to hit horizontally moving targets in perfect stride. 

Tua has below-average arm strength, and is not a West Coast QB. Not sure where that leaves him. 

3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Having below-average arm strength is fine, if you’re a West Coast QB. The hallmark of a good West Coast QB is the ability to hit horizontally moving targets in perfect stride. 

Tua has below-average arm strength, and is not a West Coast QB. Not sure where that leaves him. 

Hopefully as the Fishies starter for the next 10 years.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 11:29 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I do think Tua had more potential than those who came before him at Alabama.  They're just so stacked that if you don't turn the ball over you're gonna have stupid stats/success.  His injuries and Miami's team building/philosophy have been limiting factors but he's about out of excuses now.

College QBs rarely translate to the NFL.  I do think that's going to start changing because guys are getting a lot more passes off at the lowest levels of football.  We may very well be in the dawn of the golden age of QBing but the bigger, better athletes are going to carry the day.

Everybody is looking for the next Josh Allen.  How &#%$ing great is that?

It's a fool's errand, on par with looking for the next Wayne Gretzky.