Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Thanksgiving Day Football! (Week 12)

Ann

Ah Thanksgiving Day match-ups. Last year was when the rest of the country got to see what Josh Allen was becoming when they thumped the Cowboys in Dallas 26-15. Good times!

This year for your viewing "pleasure" (The Baltimore v Pittsburgh game is the game of the day) it is:

● Thanksgiving 12:30 PM ET: Houston @ Detroit (CBS)
● Thanksgiving 4:30 PM ET: Washington @ Dallas (FOX)
● Thanksgiving 8:20 PM ET: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (NBC) Moved to Sunday

NFL Standings

thanksgiving.JPG

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Rooting for:

● Houston @ Detroit  - Houston (Miami has their first and second round draft picks next year, the more meaningless wins for Houston, the better as it lowers the spot where Miami picks)

● Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Ummm on the one hand, Pittsburgh as that would really drive a dagger into Baltimore for a WC spot, on the other hand Baltimore for no undefeated teams, although Buffalo beating the Steelers week 14 works, too.

• Like 1

They all have the potential to be competitive games.  Dallas and Washington are both playing better (Dallas gave Pittsburgh all they could handle two weeks ago).  Both Detroit and Houston have "Jeckyll and Hyde" personas, so anything could happen in that game.

Pittsburgh/Baltimore is always a war.  The Ravens need to get their two big run stuffers back on the field or it could be a long day.

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

Rooting for:

● Houston @ Detroit  - Houston (Miami has their first and second round draft picks next year, the more meaningless wins for Houston, the better as it lowers the spot where Miami picks)

● Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Ummm on the one hand, Pittsburgh as that would really drive a dagger into Baltimore for a WC spot, on the other hand Baltimore for no undefeated teams, although Buffalo beating the Steelers week 14 works, too.

I’d say we want Baltimore here. It’s a long shot, but the Bills could still nab the one seed if they run the table, Pittsburgh loses two other games, and KC loses 3 more. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Dallas and Washington are both playing better (Dallas gave Pittsburgh all they could handle two weeks ago). 

As have the Giants. In spite of its awfulness, I think the NFC East is going to provide some good entertainment and competition down the stretch. I expected the Cowboys to lay down yesterday against the surging Vikings. Getting that win while the Redskins got theirs, all while watching Wentz write his own epitaph, makes this game even better to watch if you truly love the game and don't just watch one team.

• Like 1

The only game I have any interest in is Pit v Bal. Pittsburgh will win their division, therefore, Baltimore could threaten the Bills for a WC spot should the Dolphins rally to win the division.

Plus, a special bonus to a Baltimore defeat would be the shattered dreams of the LamaRG3 fanboy club.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Ah Thanksgiving Day match-ups. Last year was when the rest of the country got to see what Josh Allen was becoming when they thumped the Cowboys in Dallas 26-15. Good times!

This year for your viewing "pleasure" (The Baltimore v Pittsburgh game is the game of the day) it is:

● Thanksgiving 12:30 PM ET: Houston @ Detroit (CBS)
● Thanksgiving 4:30 PM ET: Washington @ Dallas (FOX)
● Thanksgiving 8:20 PM ET: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (NBC)

NFL Standings

thanksgiving.JPG

Holy Moses, that early game makes me want to lose my TV service again.

I may just go out and rake other peoples' leaves.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

I put some stuff in the covid thread, too:

What are these guys doing in the middle of the week? Good gravy. But, it's the E.A.Poes, so good on them.

Buffalo Bills Fan
10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Plus, Dallas vs. Washington is for the division lead...

:classic_laugh:  I almost managed to type that whole sentence without cracking up.

Could be a good game lol. 

• Like 1

I actually have a reason to watch all 3 games.

1) Love seeing Patricia go up in flames..be rooting for Houston for that and draft reasons.

2) Like Alex Smith and Ron Rivera..used to root a tad for the WFT when i went to a lot of their games...so okay seeing them do well.

3) I think  we want the Steelers to win..i don think any prayer of catching either KC or the Steelers, so give a possible WC competitor another loss

• Like 4

I just enjoy having a beer while watching football on Thanksgiving, the wife and kids decorating the Christmas trees (yes plural) and all spending the day together.  Last year was even better with a Bills victory.  Cheers everyone!

• Like 5

Great tradition three Thanksgiving games, only a shame more teams can not participate given the Lions and Cowboys locks. One NFL, one AFC and one mixed. Prime time games are rewards for doing well, but not always the case with Thanksgiving. Wonder how a Christmas game would go over with the players.

Well sh*t.

What is that ?      the Titans Rule ?

If you goof up, we will move the game until you are okay.

Make em play without the 5 positive players.

• FANtastic 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well sh*t.

What is that ?      the Titans Rule ?

If you goof up, we will move the game until you are okay.

Make em play without the 5 positive players.

i dont think its that, but i could be wrong. I think its the required 5 days of testing ..but again, i have no clue how they determine that stuff

• Cheers 1