Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foodies: Recipes, Restaurants and Rants

bdutton

Grilled shrimp and corn Orecchiette pasta in a pesto. Grilles asparagus side. 

Made a whole mess load of pesto last fall and froze, so still  using those. Pesto made with walnuts, not pine nuts as pine nuts were crazy expensive last fall. 

It was a golf day , so another easy recipe ready in 20 minutes with little cleanup! 

• Like 4

Sous Vide duck breast with a blackberry gastrique, crispy roasted potato and grilled asparagus. 

For the duck breast , salt overnight, 132 for about for about 2 hours. Sear of fat in cast iron skillet. Have found this the absolute best  way to do the duck breast. 

man, I just love duck breast! 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Chicken Pesto Parm. Easy as can be. Baked chicken breast with pesto for 15 minutes to 150. Put fresh tomoto and fresh mozzarella on top, broil till the cheese all nice and brown. Done! Rest for 5, too with fresh basil… delish! 

Also roasted broccoli, with Pepperidge Fram Stone Baked frozen French  rolls. Those things are awesome .. taste great and are not throwing away half a baguette ever day. One roll per in the oven and you good to go! Try them if you like bread with meals as I do… carbs be damned!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 4

Seasons1992
On 6/7/2021 at 7:25 AM, plenzmd1 said:

man, I just love duck breast! 

Based on the muted text thread I was on last night, duck ain't the only kind..........

Enjoy your "yoga." 😁

• Haha 1

Cosco Chilean sea bass tonight with asparagus.

Not sure whether to do an Asian influence, (soy and ginger), a cajun thing, or simple lemon garlic butter.

Had a hell of a night last night.

My three year old grandaughter had never seen fireflies, lightening bugs as we used to call them in my Buffalo youth, before last weekend when she left here at dusk and saw a few for the first time.

She insisted on a sleepover, since we have a lot of them, so we had an ice cream spiked firefly chase at 9pm and captured quite a few.

She was tearing around going after everything that lit up. 

That's what passes for excitement in retirement.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Seasons1992
47 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

Cosco Chilean sea bass tonight with asparagus.

Not sure whether to do an Asian influence, (soy and ginger), a cajun thing, or simple lemon garlic butter.

Love to hear about your evening! Sounded fun.

I vote Asian influence; don't forget the sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.

• Like 1

Asian it was, and turned out OK.

I have done a lot of things in my years, including flying fighters off an aircraft carrier.

Lots of fun, but watching a three year old little girl chasing fireflies around is right up there.

So lucky.

I hope others here have that opportunity to enjoy such a thing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Love 1

Serious eats recipe for  beef fajitas last night. Treat was did them with skirt steak. Usually use flat iron cause skirt so expensive, but Whole Foods has skirt on sale through today for $8.99lb. Bought 7 lbs , most will be frozen.  Delish! 

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

Chicken Italian Sausage with peppers and onions, and corn salad with onions, peppers, feta, arugula, and avocado.

BTW, why does a sausage/hotdog not taste as good on a hamburger bun?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Chicken Italian Sausage with peppers and onions, and corn salad with onions, peppers, feta, arugula, and avocado.

BTW, why does a sausage/hotdog not taste as good on a hamburger bun?

You eat with your eyes first.

Edited by LB3

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

You eat with your eyes first.

Must be, same damn bun, just different shape. Same sausage, just cut in half. Not the same taste!

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Must be, same damn bun, just different shape. Same sausage, just cut in half. Not the same taste!

Yup. It's strange. Back when green ketchup was a thing in the 90's, you could not convince me that it didn't taste worse. Then on the way back from a tennis match in high school, we stopped at a Burger King and a friend made me do a blind taste test. I identified two out of the three to be red, and obviously the weird tasting one was green.

All three were green. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

Grilled Pork Blade steak, crispy potatoes, grilled asparagus. 
(for those who don’t know pork blade steak, it a Boston Butt sliced crosswise to form steaks. Almost 100% of time bone in) 

was gunna make steak panzanella salad, but freaking ribeye was $18lb and Strip was $16. No thanks!

Pork blade steaks are great on the grill… slat, pepper, garlic powder for an hour, cook em like a steak, don’t overcook them. Wunderbar!

and, $4.19 lb, which is still 50% higher than normal but way better than $18!   

• Like 3

Wife away for weekend. Enjoyed post golf drinks, wanted to watch hockey game last night ..so was lazy.  

Amswer to to that? 

4 piece( all thighs) spicy and a large mash and Cajun gravy from Popeyes! 

awesome! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Foxx said:

That dude did a TV show on Hammers Lot, he was at the opener maybe 4 or 5 years ago.  Maybe that Jets Thursday night opener. Pretty sure  @mead107 was part of it, but I may wrong. @Chef Jim may have been as well. Pretty cool show … @mead107 you have a link or sumthin? 

edit,

here is the link. 

1) dude wearing the 24 Revis Jersey in 3rd minute and getting scolded later is good friend, at all our tailgates. 

2). @Boyst in red shirt at 14:57and @mead107 shown at tailgate around 15:40 mark. Ole Stromboli man  hisself! 

edit...our boy @Countrycletus at 15.00 with some road kill sausage!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

That dude did a TV show on Hammers Lot, he was at the opener maybe 4 or 5 years ago.  Maybe that Jets Thursday night opener. Pretty sure  @mead107 was part of it, but I may wrong. @Chef Jim may have been as well. Pretty cool show … @mead107 you have a link or sumthin? 

edit,

here is the link. 

1) dude wearing the 24 Revis Jersey in 3rd minute and getting scolded later is good friend, at all our tailgates. 

2). @Boyst in red shirt at 14:57and @mead107 shown at tailgate around 15:40 mark. Ole Stromboli man  hisself! 

edit...our boy @Countrycletus at 15.00 with some road kill sausage!

I think DrDareustein is over my shoulder. Mrs Cletus is the woman talking.   There are a ton of us there. 

• FANtastic 1