Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foodies: Recipes, Restaurants and Rants

bdutton

Roasted corn and shrimp orecchiette pasta with pesto. Grilled aperagus on the side. Prolly posted this one before. 

store bought pesto , from Whole Foods and freshly made, can’t compete with mine! 😜

• Like 3

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Roasted corn and shrimp orecchiette pasta with pesto. Grilled aperagus on the side. Prolly posted this one before. 

store bought pesto , from Whole Foods and freshly made, can’t compete with mine! 😜

I was a fool for 65 years and never had grilled asparagus before.

Now I want it at least every two weeks...........Mmmmmm. 

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

On 8/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, B-Man said:

Try roasted radicchio and roasted fennel. Halve them lengthwise, brush on some olive oil, a little S&P, and put on the grill. 

• Cheers 1

Thin cut grilled pork chops. Freeze them a bit, but a butter/brown sugar mixture on them, high heat for like 2 minutes a side. Chive butter on top to serve. 

tried a new broccoli salad recipe to go with, made it early, absolutely sucked. So frozen mixed veggie with butter , and rolls. 

BTW, the Pepperidge Farms frozen artisan French rolls are awesome when only two eating. Absolutely love those things, and no waste as if I bought a baguette.   

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, B-Man said:

Grilled zucchini that was marinated in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper is my go to.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 4

It’s way too early for lunch for me right now, but when a Buffalo themed food truck is in town, I make it work. Beef on weck for lunch!

Edit: This place makes the classic mistake of slicing the weck too thinly at the bottom. I’m not a fan of having to turn the sandwich upside down. 

Edited by shrader
  • FANtastic 1

Have this awesome little Thai place around the corner from us. PiK Nik. Maybe 6 tables inside, 6 out, 20’seat bar. Dinner there last night. 

awesome start to every meal, little spoon of fresh wasabi followed with an ice cold vodka shot. Wonderful, and only $5!

Wonderful food follows , we tell them just being what they recommend. There is a sour pork dish that sounds disgusting and is one of the beat things I have ever eaten. 

cool thing is it as eclectic of a crowd as you can get in Richmond. White , black, trans, straight, bikers, old like me, 20 somethings. Love sitting at the bar and talking to everyone! 

Any y’all ever in Richmond, hit me up and dinner on me! 

BTW, did I mention dinner for two and two hours of boozing and bill all in with tip like $95! It’s a bargain too! 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Boated 12 albacore Thursday for 3 people on board. Finished processing yesterday (that is why I left biting fish!).
So cut up a small loin into medallions and blackened on the cast iron pan outside - maybe 1 minute per side.
Then onto a flour tortilla with spicy cabbage, homemade fresh salsa and shredded cheddar cheese.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Boated 12 albacore Thursday for 3 people on board. Finished processing yesterday (that is why I left biting fish!).
So cut up a small loin into medallions and blacked on the cast iron pan outside - maybe 1 minute per side.
Then onto a flour tortilla with spicy cabbage, homemade fresh salsa and shredded cheddar cheese.

Where were they caught?

Okay, everyone’s terrific recipes has encouraged me to give it a try.

E194DE35-A9C9-4A28-AEEE-D6C4442305D5.jpeg.d22444d8ee3d97f73c20de6e09bd104b.jpeg

My “virgin” effort was some chicken marinated in a wine vinegar mix all day and then cooked with some dill an mozzarella, with cherry tomatoes. 
Also some red potatoes roasted with garlic, oil and Parmesan cheese 

Not as fancy as some, but it tasted great and the B-Wife was impressed 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

17 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

Stellas.

Auto selection for us when we are in Richmond.

Funny, I have lived here 20 years and still never been! Always booked to far out! But everyone does say it’s the best in RVA! Going to Grissette on Friday for first time as well, heard nothing but good things , but we shall see.  

Daughter sent me this recipe yesterday, i made it today. Was excellent.

3  modifications

1) Took the veggies out to brown the chicken

2)added chopped roasted peanuts to add texture

3) no coconut milk rice...wife said "my ass does not need a 600 calorie addition to this meal with the coconut milk  ....plain  basmatti rice instead...still delicious

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/jalapeno-basil-chicken-stir-fry/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...