Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foodies: Recipes, Restaurants and Rants

bdutton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife has gone to Buffalo for the weekend to take care of her parents. When she does this, she often makes me some food to get by while she is gone. She made a dish that is angel hair pasta, artichoke hearts, chicken and olive oil.

It has been awhile since I have had it and I almost forgot how delicious it is. The varied textures and flavors make it an interesting dish to the senses. Enjoying it as I surf for a bit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Social media is filled with people showing off food, and to be fair, it's very tiring because most of the time, they're not bragging about the food but rather the fact that they somehow were able to successfully create a burger or something.

But this is the kind of post that has me thinking a trip to Buffalo must happen soon.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2022 at 12:51 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Social media is filled with people showing off food, and to be fair, it's very tiring because most of the time, they're not bragging about the food but rather the fact that they somehow were able to successfully create a burger or something.

But this is the kind of post that has me thinking a trip to Buffalo must happen soon.

Can’t vouch for the Sammy, but will comment on the eggplant preparation. Years ago we’d make eggplant parm by pan-frying 1/2” thick slices of breaded eggplant. They would soak up the olive oil like fresh mushrooms do. The result was usually pretty disappointing. 

My wife found a much better technique which is to thinly slice the Melanzana, bread it and then BAKE it @ 350 for about 25 minutes on a cookie sheet with just a little olive oil brushed on it. About half way through, flip the slices over and brush OO on the other side. They’re done when they’re soft. 

They turn out exactly like what they appear to be in that photo. That looks like a hell of a sandwich. 

• Cheers 3

16 hours ago, snafu said:

Jacques is such an icon. Two of the first food books I bought were his, La Technique, and La Methode. 

• Cheers 2

If any of you are interested in doing some of your own butchering, sausage making, and investigating some old time recipes, I highly recommend Scott Rea. 

He’s a Brit who is clearly Old School and has a great YouTube channel

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Jacques is such an icon. Two of the first food books I bought were his, La Technique, and La Methode. 

That dish is delicious and as easy to make as he makes it look.

Next time I make it I’ll use it as a side dish to a nice steak.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2023 at 9:26 AM, Nanker said:

Can’t vouch for the Sammy, but will comment on the eggplant preparation. Years ago we’d make eggplant parm by pan-frying 1/2” thick slices of breaded eggplant. They would soak up the olive oil like fresh mushrooms do. The result was usually pretty disappointing. 

My wife found a much better technique which is to thinly slice the Melanzana, bread it and then BAKE it @ 350 for about 25 minutes on a cookie sheet with just a little olive oil brushed on it. About half way through, flip the slices over and brush OO on the other side. They’re done when they’re soft. 

They turn out exactly like what they appear to be in that photo. That looks like a hell of a sandwich. 

We just made it in the air fryer. Still some slight changes to make but getting close. 

• Like 1