Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

Hope its okay to add this thread to round out the divisional foe discussions. Saw the tweet below from Breerd and thought it would work to kick things off after the Cheaters* -- even with Gilmore back -- got tossed by Houston.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hope its okay to add this thread to round out the divisional foe discussions. Saw the tweet below from Breerd and thought it would work to kick things off after the Cheaters* -- even with Gilmore back -- got tossed by Houston.

The last 20 years was the perfect storm of anuses in New England:

A-hole coach (with talent, but the personality of door knob)

A-hole QB (with talent, but who likes a cry baby)

A-hole owner (with happy endings)

A-hole fans (without a clue)

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Living here, 35 minutes from Gillette, I can tell you that they’re still too close to it.

A twenty year dynasty is unheard of, and they had grown so accustomed to being great that it truly became their normal, and taken for granted.

In the first year that the Jews wandered the desert, surviving on quail and manna, they all had to believe their situation was eminently temporary, and that the Lord would provide for them quickly.

It probably wasn’t until some time around year three when they realized how royally fucked they were.

Patriots fans have only just started to wander the desert. Give them time to contemplate how truly Biblical their new reality just might be.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Living here, 35 minutes from Gillette, I can tell you that they’re still too close to it.

A twenty year dynasty is unheard of, and they had grown so accustomed to being great that it truly became their normal, and taken for granted.

In the first year that the Jews wandered the desert, surviving on quail and manna, they all had to believe their situation was eminently temporary, and that the Lord would provide for them quickly.

It probably wasn’t until some time around year three when they realized how royally &#%$ed they were.

*Patriots fans have only just started to wander the desert. Give them time to contemplate how truly Biblical their new reality just might be.

Oh, the Jews knew they were screwed after the golden calf. 

I imagine paytoilet fans know too. They're just to embarrassed to admit as much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haven’t seen any prissy 40 year-old women prancing around the malls in their pristine clean and ironed #12 Marsha **Patriots*** Jersey lately. I did when I first moved to the Cape 3 1/2 years ago. 

I’m on the lookout for Bucs jerseys and bumper stickers. 

Edited by Nanker

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Oh, the Jews knew they were screwed after the golden calf. 

I imagine paytoilet fans know too. They're just to embarrassed to admit as much.

Honestly, winning 4 games and being a play away in 3 or 4 of the other games is a testimonial to how good Belichick and company really are.  That might be the very worst top-to-bottom roster in the NFL.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Honestly, winning 5 games and being a play away in 3 or 4 of the other games is a testimonial to how good Belichick and company really are.  That might be the very worst top-to-bottom roster in the NFL.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you (people also forget that a lot of their starters opted out this year).  However It is posts like this that make me want to call for this thread to be locked or deleted entirely and an addendum to the terms of service banning any other thread of this type. 

Edited by snafu

8 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It probably wasn’t until some time around year three when they realized how royally &#%$ed they were.

*Patriots fans have only just started to wander the desert. Give them time to contemplate how truly Biblical their new reality just might be.

Your analogy fits well with my refrain “we live in hope and die in despair”. 

It unfortunately fits Bills fans everywhere, too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, snafu said:

Not that I necessarily disagree with you (people also forget that a lot of their starters opted out this year).  However It is posts like this that make me want to call for this thread to be locked or deleted entirely and an addendum to the terms of service banning any other thread of this type.

I mean, I get it.  I'm tired of them too.  I just can't shake the fact that we were one very well placed punch away from losing to that team and being 6-4 right now with a game in Foxboro on the horizon. 

Flip the coaching staffs and how different does our team look?  I think we beat them by a minimum of 3 TDs.

• Cheers 1

The *Patriots fans will be like the Dolphins fans from the year 2000 going forward.  Griese, Shula, Marino set the standard so high that 350 yard games and yearly playoff appearances were expected.  When that did not happen the people of South Florida found other things to do whether they had paid seats at the stadium or not.  Gillette will look abandoned by Columbus Day if that years team appears to be a dud.  The people of Boston will go to Beacon Hill to spend a Sunday, or go to the Cape, or stay at a B & B in Vermont but won't be stopping in Foxboro other than to get gas while going through.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I mean, I get it.  I'm tired of them too.  I just can't shake the fact that we were one very well placed punch away from losing to that team and being 6-4 right now with a game in Foxboro on the horizon. 

Flip the coaching staffs and how different does our team look?  I think we beat them by a minimum of 3 TDs.

Time will tell.

In any recent year past, that well placed punch would have been recovered by the opposition and we'd have lost anyhow.  For the moment I'm preferring to look at our fortunes and theirs as our respective battleships finally having turned.

The few *Patriots fans I know have all stopped.  They moved onto Marsha or just stopped being the cheerleaders.  They are the definition of bandwagon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I agree with all of this, but in fairness, there were a few games where we were also one very-well placed NE* punch away from beating them. You just need to catch the punt, Leodis. Catch the punt. Run out the clock. But no.

That Cam fumble was, to me, the purest sign that the tides have now turned. 

31 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I agree with all of this, but in fairness, there were a few games where we were also one very-well placed NE* punch away from beating them. You just need to catch the punt, Leodis. Catch the punt. Run out the clock. But no.

That Cam fumble was, to me, the purest sign that the tides have now turned.

I get that...but the games we were one play away from beating them, they were basically our Super Bowl.  This was a game where we were at home, with a lot to prove, and the game went to the wire against a team that probably has what,  10 guys that could make our roster?

Don't get me wrong, I think McDermott does get better on game day as time goes on but there are still things that go one where you just shake your head.  Most NFL teams don't win games, they lose them because they beat themselves.  New England has for years been the best team in the league at making fewer "game deciding" mistakes.

I hope you're right and the tide has turned.

CarpetCrawler
7 hours ago, Nanker said:

Haven’t seen any prissy 40 year-old women prancing around the malls in their pristine clean and ironed #12 Marsha ***Patriots*** Jersey lately. I did when I first moved to the Cape 3 1/2 years ago. 

I’m on the lookout for Bucs jerseys and bumper stickers. 

Oh man, you're on the Cape, I have to admit I love it there. My wife and I usually go a couple times a year for long weekends, but haven't made it this year. We usually stay in South Yarmouth right on the water, it's kind of close to everything. Ever go to Capt. Parker's Pub for the chowder?? It's the best I've ever had and I've been dying for some for months, their fried scallops are the best too. Also love the Red Cottage for breakfast. 

• Cheers 1

The Cape is great. 
Been to Captain Parker’s but not this year. Their chowder is good. It’s sold in a lot of grocery stores here. 

You should try Arnold’s in Eastham. Their fried clams (whole belly) are magnificent. They have Wellfleet oysters at their raw bar. It’s a cash only place. 

In Hyannis try Tugboats. It’s at the marina where we have our boat docked. 

• Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Cape is great. 
Been to Captain Parker’s but not this year. Their chowder is good. It’s sold in a lot of grocery stores here. 

You should try Arnold’s in Eastham. Their fried clams (whole belly) are magnificent. They have Wellfleet oysters at their raw bar. It’s a cash only place. 

In Hyannis try Tugboats. It’s at the marina where we have our boat docked. 

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations. My wife is a fried clam fanatic, Arnold's will move to the top of our list. We'll definitely go to Tugboats too, that's close. Any other places you like, send them my way please.

Did you ever visit Nantucket? We go a package once that was 3 nights on the Cape and one on Nantucket, it was quiet, but very, very nice. We went to the nicest beach I was ever on in my life there.

• Cheers 1

Of all the QB's to be there as the *Patriots go down I'm glad it's Newton. I foretold by 2020 he would be done. It is clear that he is done.  It is clear he will just be an asterisk of a great football player in an era of booming QB play vs the HOF player be was supposed to be just 4 years ago.

He never was a excellent QB, just very good at best

• Like 1