Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

The Cape is great. 
Been to Captain Parker’s but not this year. Their chowder is good. It’s sold in a lot of grocery stores here. 

You should try Arnold’s in Eastham. Their fried clams (whole belly) are magnificent. They have Wellfleet oysters at their raw bar. It’s a cash only place. 

In Hyannis try Tugboats. It’s at the marina where we have our boat docked. 

Are angelo's markets still a thing up there?

it's been almost 30 years since I've been there. Nearly that long since my grandparents passed. They lived in Barnstable.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Are angelo's markets still a thing up there?

it's been almost 30 years since I've been there. Nearly that long since my grandparents passed. They lived in Barnstable.

I’ve never seen one, but I’ve only been here for 3 1/2 years. I did a DDG search and it didn’t come up with anything. 
I’m in one of the seven Town of Barnstable villages. The entire Cape is Barnstable county.  

4 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations. My wife is a fried clam fanatic, Arnold's will move to the top of our list. We'll definitely go to Tugboats too, that's close. Any other places you like, send them my way please.

Did you ever visit Nantucket? We go a package once that was 3 nights on the Cape and one on Nantucket, it was quiet, but very, very nice. We went to the nicest beach I was ever on in my life there.

Will do. Been to Nantucket just once so far. We’ve been able to take out boat over to Martha’s Vineyard a couple of times. But the Vineyard sound is pretty flukey, so it has to be on a day when conditions are right. Nantucket is just too far for my 21 ft. boat. 

10 hours ago, snafu said:

Not that I necessarily disagree with you (people also forget that a lot of their starters opted out this year).  However It is posts like this that make me want to call for this thread to be locked or deleted entirely and an addendum to the terms of service banning any other thread of this type. 

THREAD POLICE - police chase baby | Meme Generator

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

The last 20 years was the perfect storm of anuses in New England:

A-hole coach (with talent, but the personality of door knob)

A-hole QB (with talent, but who likes a cry baby)

A-hole owner (with happy endings)

A-hole fans (without a clue)

I went to a small college in Illinois and was assigned a Boston prep school (Commonwealth School) roommate. He would draw similar background guys to the room, one of who said if the country took an enema, the nozzle would go in at Gary, Indiana. Of course, I always thought in different company it would be Buffalo, NY, not Gary, Ind. This same person is or was on staff of a Boston College. 
Another story was when my room mate asked where I went to HS. I said Sweet Home HS. He asked why did they name it Sweet Home, I replied because it is on Sweet Home Road. He replied that makes sense, but it sounds like an old folks home. He went on to be a real estate investor.
Those experiences shaped my stereotypical Bostonian and how they think of themselves, superior to any Buffaloanian for sure.

• Cheers 1

I am really enjoying watching Marsha get called out for being such a little bitch after every loss.  It's about time.

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

23 hours ago, Nanker said:

The Cape is great. 
Been to Captain Parker’s but not this year. Their chowder is good. It’s sold in a lot of grocery stores here. 

You should try Arnold’s in Eastham. Their fried clams (whole belly) are magnificent. They have Wellfleet oysters at their raw bar. It’s a cash only place. 

In Hyannis try Tugboats. It’s at the marina where we have our boat docked. 

You live on the Cape?  Nice....where?  Wifey and I could see that as a retirement spot.

We love Arnold's;  always make one trip there during the summer.  Also Mac's Shack in Wellfleet.

20 hours ago, KD in CA said:

You live on the Cape?  Nice....where?  Wifey and I could see that as a retirement spot.

We love Arnold's;  always make one trip there during the summer.  Also Mac's Shack in Wellfleet.

Cotuit. Yes, there are some great places to eat seafood here. 

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me if I find this Peter King tidbit delicious. This comes after his long piece about the Bills.

2. Cam Newton. He is so off, stunningly so, that it’s hard to figure out where to start to diagnose it. His throwing motion is messy; on some of his throws, it looks like he’s almost pushing the ball. In his last 17 starts, dating back two years, Newton has five touchdown passes and 12 interceptions. Five TDs in 17 games, covering 498 throws, most having come after arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery after the 2018 season.

I've never been a Cam Newton fan. He has always struck me as being overrated. A better version of Vince Young. And while I don't care much about cheering specific player downfalls, I do enjoy cheering the correction of people who were convinced the *Patriots would keep kicking people's asses with Cam under center.

I don't mean this to be Cam-specific, but it always amazes me how most players show little-to-no interest in trying to improve. Back in the early 90's, I remember them doing a pregame thing showing Steve DeBerg relearning fundamentals towards the end of his career, because his mechanics had gotten so far away from where he should have been through bad habits and injuries.

Allen worked his ass off to change his mechanics and improve as a passer, while Cam, who has had numerous injuries (some of which, I would presume, affect his throwing mechanics), doesn't. Seems to come down to obsessive desire separating the good from the truly great.

It's like the old Jerry Rice stories. Players would clamor to train with him during the offseason. I believe the record is lasting 3 days with him before quitting, because Rice's training was too hard for them.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Koko said:

It's like the old Jerry Rice stories. Players would clamor to train with him during the offseason. I believe the record is lasting 3 days with him before quitting, because Rice's training was too hard for them.

Same thing with Walter Payton.  His offseason workouts were legendary.

The very best of sports constantly evolve their game.  Pitchers, without exception evolve their game - especially when it comes to control.  Does anyone really believe Randy Johnson and/or Aroldis Chapman aren't more accurate now than they were at 22?  Michael Jordan became a much more accurate long range shooter as his career progressed because it made him more lethal.

Coaching matters and so does coach-ability.  Josh wants to be better and he's willing to do what it takes to get better.  That's not a measurable trait but when you combine it with elite athletic talent, you get a guy who one day could be fitted for a gold jacket.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Koko said:

I don't mean this to be Cam-specific, but it always amazes me how most players show little-to-no interest in trying to improve.

While I know this isn't a pure apples-to-apples comparison, Sam Darnold worked with Jordan Palmer the same time as Josh. They look like two completely different QBs on game day right now. Yes, a lot of factors go into this, but when you watch Allen under center, surveying the field, moving players around, changing plays, you see someone who is convinced that the next play is going to be epic. And that's because he simply never, ever believes he's done with his craft.

I get the feeling Darnold believes his talent is enough, while Josh is walking by Tony Romo saying, "Hey, Tony, ya got a second?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

While I know this isn't a pure apples-to-apples comparison, Sam Darnold worked with Jordan Palmer the same time as Josh. They look like two completely different QBs on game day right now. Yes, a lot of factors go into this, but when you watch Allen under center, surveying the field, moving players around, changing plays, you see someone who is convinced that the next play is going to be epic. And that's because he simply never, ever believes he's done with his craft.

I get the feeling Darnold believes his talent is enough, while Josh is walking by Tony Romo saying, "Hey, Tony, ya got a second?"

Couldn't have anything to do with Darnold getting to be a Southern CA Golden boy and Allen having to scratch just to work his way to Wyoming?  Right?

Sam knows he needs to work his craft, but might not REALLY understand just how much effort it still takes; whereas Josh has never had the chance to stop working, so he just keeps doing it. He might not fully understand how to let up and relax.  Thankfully for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Couldn't have anything to do with Darnold getting to be a Southern CA Golden boy and Allen having to scratch just to work his way to Wyoming?  Right?

Sam knows he needs to work his craft, but might not REALLY understand just how much effort it still takes; whereas Josh has never had the chance to stop working, so he just keeps doing it. He might not fully understand how to let up and relax.  Thankfully for us.

That, and Jets...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

That, and Jets...

Well, yeah.

Gang Green & SoCal QBs somehow manage to synergize to create a special level of torture for their beleaguered fans.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

The recent interview with Allen -- where he discusses the absolutely frustrations that come with trying to change your throwing habits -- was very telling to me. You can have all the instructions and all the practice and all the repetitions, and still take years to correct yourself. 

I'm convinced the minute the wild card game was over last year, Allen went home to Firebaugh, emptied a barn, set up targets, got up every day, slaughtered a cow, broke a wild horse and then spent the rest of the day working on the reps.

I'm NOT convinced Darnold took nearly the same attitude and approach to working on his game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The recent interview with Allen -- where he discusses the absolutely frustrations that come with trying to change your throwing habits -- was very telling to me. You can have all the instructions and all the practice and all the repetitions, and still take years to correct yourself. 

I'm convinced the minute the wild card game was over last year, Allen went home to Firebaugh, emptied a barn, set up targets, got up every day, slaughtered a cow, broke a wild horse and then spent the rest of the day working on the reps.

I'm NOT convinced Darnold took nearly the same attitude and approach to working on his game.

I'd quibble with that since Darnold didn't really need to work on his mechanics as much as Josh did.   Darnold's biggest problem was panicking in the pocket, which hasn't been helped working in the swampland.

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think Allen is smarter that that. He let Ed Oliver break the wild horse.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'd quibble with that since Darnold didn't really need to work on his mechanics as much as Josh did.   Darnold's biggest problem was panicking in the pocket, which hasn't been helped working in the swampland.

I don't follow college ball, so I'm certain you're right about that. I guess I just hear everyone talking about how Allen just never stops looking for ways to improve, and maybe we don't hear that about a quarterback on an 0-13 team.

Film study obviously plays a roll, especially watching Allen beat zone coverage, watch teams then shift to man-to-man, and beat that too. Panicky Allen -- or what GMFB calls "Sugar Rush" Josh -- seems to show up less and less every week.