Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I hate this, but you have to give respect, even if begrudgingly.

https://twitter.com/ohrnberger/status/1365420571761143810

I remember stories that Peyton Manning would spend the entire month of March with his OCs, dissecting every offensive play from the previous season, so that they could improve the playbook.

If it is true that the Seattle coaching staff blew off Wilson like that, they're &#%$ing idiots.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

*Patriots: A blockbuster quarterback trade ready to strike?

... Despite their awkward position in the draft, the *Patriots have been spending a lot of time evaluating the top five quarterbacks in the class. Indeed, according to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the *Patriots have been “aggressively scouting” each of that quintet. ...

... Trading up in the first round has rarely been a part of Belichick’s draft strategy. He did so in successive years in 2002 and 2003 and again in 2012, that latter move landing them linebacker D’Onta Hightower. It will perhaps take the biggest swing of Belichick’s career for them to get into a spot to land one of Wilson, Fields or Lance.

However, with the *Patriots possessing nearly $69 million in salary cap space — per Spotrac — they have the resources to build a supporting cast around a rookie quarterback, giving them the flexibility to potentially part with significant amounts of draft capital to make a substantial move up the board. ...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

***Patriots: A blockbuster quarterback trade ready to strike?

... Despite their awkward position in the draft, the ***Patriots have been spending a lot of time evaluating the top five quarterbacks in the class. Indeed, according to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the ***Patriots have been “aggressively scouting” each of that quintet. ...

... Trading up in the first round has rarely been a part of Belichick’s draft strategy. He did so in successive years in 2002 and 2003 and again in 2012, that latter move landing them linebacker D’Onta Hightower. It will perhaps take the biggest swing of Belichick’s career for them to get into a spot to land one of Wilson, Fields or Lance.

However, with the ***Patriots possessing nearly $69 million in salary cap space — per Spotrac — they have the resources to build a supporting cast around a rookie quarterback, giving them the flexibility to potentially part with significant amounts of draft capital to make a substantial move up the board. ...

The other part of aggressive scouting is that they build a file on those players for use when the team has to face those players.

It's a useful building block to know what their tendencies are as collegiate players, while adding to it from their play as pros.

Edited by Koko
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Montana couldn't play in weather.  He's not even in the conversation.

But in fairness, he's also not the guy who would insist he was the GOAT. Nor would he get hammered and throw the Lombardi from boat to boat, but that's less about me making a point about Montana and more about me making a point about the Billy Eilish of the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just Joshin

Does Newton as the *Patriots QB worry anyone?  They likely will draft a QB but I hope Newton is the started for all 16 games.

• Like 1