Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Too bad for him Cam will be tossing him the ball.

I'm sitting here just giggling to myself at the thought of Cam trying to hit a moving target.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm sitting here just giggling to myself at the thought of Cam trying to hit a moving target.

I can't get over him bouncing the ball off the carpet while throwing to an open Harry over the middle in our last game against them.

There is a tweet out there somewhere with an endzone shot that shows just how horrible that throw was. Here however is the game highlight film queued up at the appropriate time.

https://youtu.be/zki-HDVDhc8?t=285

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I can't get over him bouncing the ball off the carpet while throwing to an open Harry over the middle in our last game against them.I

There is a tweet out there somewhere with an endzone shot that shows just how horrible that throw was. Here however is the game highlight film queued up at the appropriate time.

https://youtu.be/zki-HDVDhc8?t=285

I remember that play pretty well and it's kinda the reason for the comment 😄.  It was one of those "boy, the defense better tighten up because pretty much every QB in the league can make that throw." 

Fully understanding that each game is unique and that the defense was geared to force Cam to make plays in the passing game.  I could have made that throw - it's easy to drive the ball when you're running right at the stationary target.

I understand that for some guys the game is about maximizing the money but there's no way I'd take a deal to play in New England right now if there was even similar "after tax" offers on the table with a better QB situation.  I'm now quite curious to know if the *Patriots are telling players they have something in the works that they're waiting to announce. 

That being said...I'm not a big Smith fan.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I understand that for some guys the game is about maximizing the money but there's no way I'd take a deal to play in New England right now if there was even similar "after tax" offers on the table with a better QB situation.  I'm now quite curious to know if the **Patriots are telling players they have something in the works that they're waiting to announce. 

That being said...I'm not a big Smith fan.

He had four monster games to start last season. Then they stopped targeting him and he fell off the face of the earth. I didn't understand why. I think he'll be utilized a ton in Belichick's offense. Whether Cam can get the ball within 10 feet of him is another matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm watching them drop shitloads of money today, and the only thought going through my head is that NONE of it matters if they don't have a quarterback who can throw the ball accurately.

It's like watching La'Veon Bell sign with the Jets while Gase is still HC. 

• Like 4

The *Patriots spending their stimulus check jokes on twitter have been pretty amusing. Let's hope these moves are not enough to get them over the Cam-hump.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

The **Patriots spending their stimulus check jokes on twitter have been pretty amusing. Let's hope these moves are not enough to get them over the Cam-hump.

I still don't think Belichick is that good of a head coach.  He got lucky with a 6th round draft pick is all.

• Like 1

Just now, Foxx said:

I still don't think Belichick is that good of a head coach.  He got lucky with a 6th round draft pick is all.

I agree. I'm pretty sure we are going to find out for certain over the next year or two.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, Foxx said:

He won 7 games last season with what might have been the worst roster in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

He won 7 games last season with what might have been the worst roster in the NFL.

And he did have the season with Matt Cassel where they went 11-5 and missed the playoffs.

Alaska Darin
Just now, B-Man said:

They don't have much choice.  Boston isn't a great place to live and they no longer have the draw of being an annual championship contender.

"Come to Boston!  Deal with Massholes on the daily!  Our weather is just as crappy as Buffalo!  Have you seen our Cost of Living Index?  Prepare to cheat death on ever car trip!  We're only behind the Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics in popularity!  At least we have laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahbstaaaaaaaaaah!"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They don't have much choice.  Boston isn't a great place to live and they no longer have the draw of being an annual championship contender.

"Come to Boston!  Deal with Massholes on the daily!  Our weather is just as crappy as Buffalo!  Have you seen our Cost of Living Index?  Prepare to cheat death on ever car trip!  We're only behind the Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics in popularity!  At least we have laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahbstaaaaaaaaaah!"

You ain't wrong. My mother's family lives in Boston/metro-Boston. They were done with the *Patriots two years ago. :classic_blink: I have never seen such fair weather fans in my life.

Note on the driving: they regularly rank up there with the WORLD'S worst drivers (not just the US). When I first got my license, I could drive there. The last time I went? I nearly had heart failure.

• Like 3