Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021: Black Friday / Holiday Deals

Mahoney

47 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

Is there a noticeable difference between 120Hz and 240Hz or is it just marketing fluff?

There's a difference but not a $900 difference

• Cheers 1

I just ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Dehydrate-Indoor-Electric-AG301/dp/B07S76WBGF/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3G84FA5Y1GO41&dchild=1&keywords=ninja+indoor+grill+and+air+fryer&qid=1606438658&sprefix=ninja+indoor+grill+and+air%2Celectronics%2C241&sr=8-2

a friend thinks they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.  oddly enough, slicing bread is like the only thing this doesn't do

• Cheers 1

Best Buy is killing it this year. For those who believe a keyboard is more than just a keyboard, this is a crazy deal on a brand that doesn't go on sale often:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blackwidow-elite-wired-gaming-mechanical-razer-green-switch-keyboard-with-rgb-back-lighting-black/6263751.p?skuId=6263751

I bought one for $125 a few weeks back and just bought two more because I abuse the crap out of my keyboards and need new ones -- like clockwork -- every two years.

16 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

Best Buy is killing it this year. For those who believe a keyboard is more than just a keyboard, this is a crazy deal on a brand that doesn't go on sale often:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blackwidow-elite-wired-gaming-mechanical-razer-green-switch-keyboard-with-rgb-back-lighting-black/6263751.p?skuId=6263751

I bought one for $125 a few weeks back and just bought two more because I abuse the crap out of my keyboards and need new ones -- like clockwork -- every two years.

thanks!

i really hate my keyboard and mouse. 

they are HP wireless devices and completely suck. i bought a few of them last time i needed such and really wish i wouldn't have. the keyboard continually misses keystrokes which, along with my two finger approach is a recipe for disaster. couple this with the fact that even with fresh batteries in the optical mouse, the cursor has a tendency to to drag and jump and the whole experience can be challenging at times.

i still have one more swap out remaining but i may just trash 'em and go for the black widow. 

• Like 1

just want to say that i am absolutely loving my new keyboard and mouse. now i just need to work on my typing abilities. 

used to type 60+ wpm back in high school...

• FANtastic 1

• 11 months later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
44 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones

$199

Amazon

Bose Store

Great deal...but y'know, I picked up a pair of Anker Soundcore Q20s about two years ago, for a quarter that price.

As someone who has some hearing loss from too much loud music in his misspent youth, I can't hear a difference between the two.  I always felt that, if you're not a true audiophile with undamaged hearing, the difference between a pair of high-end headphones and a less expensive high-quality pair is probably wasted.  It's certainly wasted on me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Great deal...but y'know, I picked up a pair of Anker Soundcore Q20s about two years ago, for a quarter that price.

As someone who has some hearing loss from too much loud music in his misspent youth, I can't hear a difference between the two.  I always felt that, if you're not a true audiophile with undamaged hearing, the difference between a pair of high-end headphones and a less expensive high-quality pair is probably wasted.  It's certainly wasted on me.

That's interesting. How severe is the hearing loss? I've had bilateral tinnitus since 1998 which seems to get worse every year. It's masking about 70% of my hearing. With the lower-end systems, I hear this horrifying static. I haven't experienced it with the Bose. Could well be related to the type of hearing loss.

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 hours ago, Mahoney said:

That's interesting. How severe is the hearing loss? I've had bilateral tinnitus since 1998 which seems to get worse every year. It's masking about 70% of my hearing. With the lower-end systems, I hear this horrifying static. I haven't experienced it with the Bose. Could well be related to the type of hearing loss.

It's mild to moderate.  Probably normal for someone in his early '50s who grew up in the Walkman era listening to rock.  Bad enough in higher registers that I can't understa- er, can't clearly hear my wife she's talking to me from another room. 

No, that's not just an excuse.  But yes, I have been known to use it as one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's mild to moderate.  Probably normal for someone in his early '50s who grew up in the Walkman era listening to rock.  Bad enough in higher registers that I can't understa- er, can't clearly hear my wife she's talking to me from another room. 

My husband uses that excuse all the time. :classic_dry: The ENT doc backs him up, but I suspect it is just men stickin’ together.

(I can hear a pin drop five rooms away. That drives him crazy.)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

🤭 Works more often than not, doesn't it? 🍺

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

🤭 Works more often than not, doesn't it? 🍺

Depends on your definition of "works."  When it leads to conversations like "How come you can hear the TV from the other room, but not me?"  "Well...you don't have a powered subwoofer..."