Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

RIP Diego Maradona

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

One of those sport transcending mega-stars recognized by only one name, Maradona was one of the all-time greats.

He was Jordan-esque in his sheer ability to bring those around him as close to his level as possible. Players wanted to be great when they played with him.

Best known for his Hand of God goal against England in the 1986 World Cup quarter final, today the Hand of God reached out to him to bring him home at the age of 60.

RIP

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

@Meazza

I’d be interested of your tough on the player.

One of my memories as a kid was Italia 90. As i vaguely recall,  my corner of Montreal used to celebrate every time Italy won so I remember going around with my dad with the Italy flag.  I was 10 at the time.  I remember Italy vs Argentina, semi final.  Went to penalties and Maradona scored the winning kick in San Paolo stadium in front of his adoring Napoli fans.  

Some never forgave him for that.  

What do I think of him? Off the field he was a mess but what he did for Napoli in the 80’s will never happen again.  He was one of the best ever.  

The only players who have the same magic as him imho that I witnessed were baggio, Zidane and the Brazilian Ronaldo. 

• FANtastic 1