Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you ever attended a college football game?

mead107

Notre Dame - great campus/stadium atmosphere;  pre-game is an hours long affair

West Point -  same;  great excuse to walk around the campus....amazing stadium setting in the autumn, right on the Hudson with the foliage.

North Carolina - good pre- and post- game with tailgating, bars, etc.

Penn State - intense stadium atmosphere

BU (in the rain while on mushrooms during the 80s) - most surreal experience

Also a few ND games at the Meadowlands, but they lacked the campus influence.

• Like 2

I lived in Austin, Tx for close to 20 years and had gone to a bunch of Longhorn games in that time. My family had 2 different sets of season tickets. My mother and step-dad were usually parked at the seats on the 45 yard line, while I was in the pair in the upper decks at the 20.

The game that was the most fun, was when the Houston Cougars rolled into the stadium in 1990 sporting a high powered attack and proceeded to get the snot kicked out of them. The stadium was so loud before we even entered that we thought we had the kickoff time wrong. The energy was amazing. You could yell loud when the Horns were on defense and not even hear yourself. 

Aside from that I went to a number of NM Lobo games when I lived in Albuqueque in the 80's. I don't recall much about them. The players probably don't either.

• Like 3

Mizzou, Syracuse and Northwestern. I don't remember who they played, nor who won. It was my college years and I was just chasing tail.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Been to a few Old Dominion(FBS and previously FCS) games in Norfolk, a Youngstown State (FCS) game, and a few small D2/D3 schools in northwestern PA

Edited by devnull

Want to ~20 U of Houston games, including the game at Rice the day Andre Ware won the Heisman.  Also went to a handful of LSU games & 1 Penn State game.  Pretty sure also went to a couple of UB games back when they were still Div III.

• 2 weeks later...

When my grandfather was still alive we went to West Point every October. Haven’t been since he passed. 

Went to a Syracuse game whilst “studying” at a small WNY college and several SUNY Albany games. 

On 12/17/2020 at 7:34 PM, LeviF91 said:

When my grandfather was still alive we went to West Point every October. Haven’t been since he passed. 

Went to a Syracuse game whilst “studying” at a small WNY college and several SUNY Albany games. 

My Dad and I went to a few games there over the years;  it's a great experience.