Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Sarah Fuller kicking for Vanderbilt ...

Ann

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Jeez, Vandy couldn't even get the ball over midfield,

No chance for her to try a FG.

If you watch the above video of the kickoff she could barely get the ball over midfield on that.

I can only assume she was better in practice...

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Hedge said:

If you watch the above video of the kickoff she could barely get the ball over midfield on that.

I can only assume she was better in practice...

Supposedly (?) She was instructed to pooch kick it.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:32 AM, Doc Brown said:

Cool story.  Would've been the perfect opportunity for a fake though.

Hmm.  Chick has chance to score but you'd rather see her fake it.  Recurring theme?  😛

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hmm.  Chick has chance to score but you'd rather see her fake it.  Recurring theme?  😛

Maybe at a sub conscience level....nm.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'll be the buzzkill.   That PAT was worthy of a middling high school kicker.  But hey, cool story though.

People have said for eons that the only way a woman could ever play college or professional football is as a kicker. Seeing how she is kicking, and assuming she'd be one of the better ones, there is a long, long way to go on that.  Nevertheless, it is a cool story.

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

People have said for eons that the only way a woman could ever play college or professional football is as a kicker. Seeing how she is kicking, and assuming she'd be one of the better ones, there is a long, long way to go on that.  Nevertheless, it is a cool story.

There's an ocean-wide gulf between thinking that women only belong in the kitchen and having women participating fully against men in physical competitions.  Too bad our overlords only want to focus on the coasts of that wide gulf.

• Like 4

Hitbyaparkedcar
3 hours ago, GG1 said:

I'll be the buzzkill.   That PAT was worthy of a middling high school kicker.  But hey, cool story though.

Agreed. Should have been blocked... Also, I'm happy for her.

• 1 month later...
PromoTheRobot
On 12/16/2020 at 12:43 PM, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Agreed. Should have been blocked... Also, I'm happy for her.

I usually applaud these kinds of barriers being broken but this smells of hype. Fuller's performance was nothing to call attention to.

One of the local NH high school teams had a female kicker 2 seasons ago. Madison Lucantoni. Multi-sport athlete including ice hockey. Kicked for the varsity. Perfect from within 35 yards. She didn't have the leg for kickoffs but she was accurate and had good form. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like 3