Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Lions fire Coach and GM

mead107

Matthew Stafford credits interim coach Darrell Bevell's 'infectious' energy after comeback win

</snip>

"My emotions right now, I can't even think straight," Bevell said after his first W, via ESPN. "I'm just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing, what just happened. Like I said, it was a great job by these guys of believing from the moment we started until the end.

</snip>

With the cloud of the Matt Patricia-era lifted, it was clear Lions players were willing to fight for Bevell.

</snip>

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 2:16 PM, Ann said:

These were internal interviews (the responses are hilarious and sad - about what would be expected). These are the additional covid interview protocols.

Someone smarter than I am is going to have to explain to me how "multiple half hour interview sessions" is safer than a single "2-3 hour interview block."  Is time to COVID like spinach to Popeye?  I mean, bringing a person back 3 or 4 times has to be more dangerous just based on that person having additional contacts with the outside world.

Whatever.  We live in a world of idiots.

15 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Someone smarter than I am is going to have to explain to me how "multiple half hour interview sessions" is safer than a single "2-3 hour interview block."  Is time to COVID like spinach to Popeye?  I mean, bringing a person back 3 or 4 times has to be more dangerous just based on that person having additional contacts with the outside world.

Whatever.  We live in a world of idiots.

The only answer I can give you is that I was under the impression that you can only catch COVID, while meeting with others, if you're in a bar or restaurant past 10:00 pm.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Koko said:

The only answer I can give you is that I was under the impression that you can only catch COVID, while meeting with others, if you're in a bar or restaurant past 10:00 pm.

Or in church. Singing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ann said:

Note: the Lion's Punter made the Pro Bowl

Yeah, but it seems that this Coombs guy was fired because he called an unauthorized fake punt that went badly.

• 2 weeks later...

The video has a list of others the Lions are interviewing:

Lions eye blockbuster as team plans to pursue Seahawks GM John Schneider

</snip>

Sources say the Lions plan to pursue Seahawks GM John Schneider for their vacant GM opening, a hire that would send shockwaves around the NFL.

</snip>

One of the league's most respected personnel people and managers, Schneider has teamed with head coach Pete Carroll to lead Seattle to two Super Bowls with one win and make the organization a perennial playoff participant. The Seahawks are 111-63-1 in the Carroll-Schneider era and 11-4 this season, winning the NFC West a fifth time.

While it would be unthinkable in any other circumstance for the Lions to be able to lure a decorated GM such as him, Schneider doesn't have primary authority over all personnel decisions in Seattle -- Carroll does. That hasn't really mattered, since Carroll and Schneider are in lockstep, but under the NFL's anti-tampering policy, the Lions or another team could try to interview Schneider if it offered him full control. Another team is also likely going to make a run at Schneider.

While Carroll recently agreed to a contract extension through 2025, Schneider has just one year left on his contract.

</snip>