Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Update: [Playing in AZ] Does the Bills v San Fran game end up a home game?

Ann

Just now, Just Jack said:

I'm gonna say no, maybe they move it to Las Vegas since it's a Monday night game.  

That would be a solution. I like my solution better. 😛

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

Early word is Arizona but not locked in yet.

Link

</snip>

Niners officials spent Saturday working with NFL officials continuing to work on a plan for the rest of 2020, and as of late Saturday, nothing was set.

However, sources say the most likely option is for the 49ers to play their final three home games at State Farm Stadium, home of the Arizona Cardinals. Their NFC West rivals -- who actually host the Niners in Week 16 -- are said to be willing to accommodate them.

The league would like the 49ers to play in an NFL stadium if possible. Another option is for the 49ers to play at a stadium in Texas.

As for practice, there are still several options to consider. They could practice in Arizona and stay in a hotel for a month in a pseudo bubble. Another possibility would be to practice more than 150 miles away from their region -- allowing those with the team to see their families from time to time -- then travel to their new "home" stadium.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Ann said:

For those wondering, San Fran plays in Santa Clara county.

My son lives near the stadium. I was planning on making the trip to the game until Covid hit and fans were cancelled. :frustration:

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, devnull said:

Maybe try playing in Oakland or San Diego

Oakland could work, it's about 30 miles away from Levi's. And it should still be up to NFL standards. Since there's no fans, there's is no need to rush out and get a lot of gameday staff either. 

10 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Oakland could work, it's about 30 miles away from Levi's. And it should still be up to NFL standards. Since there's no fans, there's is no need to rush out and get a lot of gameday staff either. 

That's assuming it's been up to standards for the last 20 years.....

Actually I missed the Coliseum.  Seeing the Raiders play on the dirt infield in Sept/Oct always felt like the last link to watching football as a kid.

But if other counties in the Bay Area are getting this draconian on the COVID rules, I don't think they can plan on Oakland.

I like the idea of it being neutral, if for nothing else than it will put them off balance. I think we have a real chance against the 9ers (should win, really), but man we gotta limit mistakes. 

I don’t care where the game is as long as it takes place as scheduled. I think that’s what phucked the bills up against the Titans, the fact they had to travel and the travel was moved around twice. 

• Like 1