Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Denver has no QBs for game (Covid positive)

mead107

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Who will be the qb? 

</snip>

Rapoport also reported that practice squad receiver Kendall Hinton is expected to play plenty at the position in light of the unique circumstances. Running back Royce Freeman, who is considered Denver's emergency QB, could also be involved in the gameplan, per Palmer.

An undrafted rookie out of Wake Forest, Hinton played QB during his five years in the program. His last meaningful snaps came on Oct. 17, 2017 against then No. 2 ranked Clemson. Hinton went 14-of-30 for 203 yards, 2 TDs and zero interceptions, and added 92 rushing yards on 24 carries in a 28-14 loss.

</snip>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Wait. the *Patriots game gets moved when their QB gets covid but the Denver game must go on? Sure....that makes sense.

Same with Baltimore

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Back when QB's were as tough as nails. 

There's quite a few QB's I'd still consider tough as nails (Drew Brees played with 11 cracked ribs and a collapsed lung).  I'm pretty sure Allen would play the next day if they amputated his left arm.  The NFL just made a smart business decision in protecting the position that drives revenue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Surprised they didn't quarantine someone like the Bills did with Fromm.

I wonder how many teams did not do this?  I am sure next week it will be 32.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Colin K is available. 

Even if they signed Krapernick (or any other QB), new players must quarantine for several days before joining the team (see also Leveon Bell)

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Hinton is available in my FF, I'm tempted to grab him

If you are trailing beyond possible return I would do it. This could be amazing or same as a BB team putting in there 3rd baseman to pitch in the 15th inning. 

If the NFL was smart, they'd give the teams additional roster exemptions so they could have at a minimum 4 QBs under contract.  No more than 2 of those QBs could have weekly contact with each other.  That way if one of the regular QBs tested positive, you would just shuffle in the new guys.

None of this is that hard, it just requires a bit of foresight.  There isn't any reason in today's society why an NFL game should be played with the starting QB being a player who isn't really a QB.  It's just garbage planning by a buncha blowhards who had no problem going all in on stupid social justice things when it looked like it might impact revenue. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

If you are trailing beyond possible return I would do it. This could be amazing or same as a BB team putting in there 3rd baseman to pitch in the 15th inning. 

I picked him up. Right now, it's estimated I should win by 50 points. He's listed still as WR on Yahoo, so I swapped him in to my W/T slot, since his estimated points are the same as who I had in there. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Wait. the **Patriots game gets moved when their QB gets covid but the Denver game must go on? Sure....that makes sense.

21 hours ago, Ann said:

Same with Baltimore

Yup, the league definitely screwed the Broncos on this call. No reason they couldn't have postponed this for a couple days to see if one of the QBs could clear contact tracing protocol... 

• Like 4