Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Nightly meals you make every week?

mead107

Is there one that you have every week? 
same exact one? 
we have pasta almost every week but, red sauce, Alfredo, lasagna or Mac and cheese. 

Some times we get on a pizza kick. Maybe 3-5 weeks in a row. 

do you make up a menu? 

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Not for us. Heck, we try to not even eat the same meats weekly. (If we have beef one week, we skip it the following week, etc)

Do you make out a menu? 

7 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Do you make out a menu? 

No. With just the two of us we first figure out how many nights we are going out for dinner that week. Then we back into what we want to make. One day of cooking, next day is leftovers, then freezing (or dumping) what remains.

We have talked for years about menu planning, but our schedules are so fluid most months it would be rewritten constantly.

• Like 2

my wife is 1/2 Italian, so she makes a big pot of sauce with meatballs and pork.  We freeze most of it and have it usually once a week with various pastas.

Usually we do chicken at least 1 day, pork 1 day, tacos/sloppy joes 1 day and usually have a breakfast for dinner 1 day of the week.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Not usually. I tend to get bored and not eat if that starts happening too often, so the wife tries to keep the menu fairly fresh.

This is awesome, because it’s not something I’ve ever asked her to do. It’s something she noticed. And did for me. I’m doubly fortunate because she’s an *excellent* cook.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I tend to get bored and not eat if that starts happening too often, so the wife tries to keep the menu fairly fresh.

Interestingly, my wife and I have a similar situation, just not with meals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't mind having favorite meals. Love casseroles, meatloaf, golubki, tacos, roasts, roasts chicken, ham.

Basically, I'm grateful for and will eat whatever someone puts in front of me.

51 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don't mind having favorite meals. Love casseroles, meatloaf, golubki, tacos, roasts, roasts chicken, ham.

Basically, I'm grateful for and will eat whatever someone puts in front of me.

'Whatever someone else cooks' is my favorite meal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

'Whatever someone else cooks' is my favorite meal!

Exactly. There is no higher form of earthly love than one person cooking for another, IMO.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:59 PM, mead107 said:

Is there one that you have every week? 
same exact one? 
we have pasta almost every week but, red sauce, Alfredo, lasagna or Mac and cheese. 

Some times we get on a pizza kick. Maybe 3-5 weeks in a row. 

do you make up a menu? 

We have hamburgers every week and since Wegman's switched suppliers (now Cargill) they taste far better than previously.  We try to have mashed potatoes at least twice a week as I enjoy them and help with a more sensitive stomach as my wife and I get older.  Chicken and pork chops at least once per week each.  Stews and chili will be a feature now that we are hitting freezing weather.  Tempted to make my own pizza from scratch.  Hard to find any that has a good sourdough base that is both chewy and crisp on the outside.  Sausage, green peppers and a somewhat zesty sauce in there, too.  I find most bought pizzas kind of lacking for "personality" or taste.  They exist simply to fill a gut and are not much of an eating pleasure.  Oven roasted pork loin or turkey with stuffing another cold weather treat.

• Like 1

I use premade meals shipped to me fresh weekly. Two different services. Trifecta and CleanEatz. No hassle to do dishes, shopping, etc. I know my macros perfectly, also.

• Like 3