Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 12: Chargers @ BILLS GAME THREAD

Foxx

2 hours ago — Jeff Miller is the Chargers beat writer for the Los Angeles Times. 

2 days ago — Against the potent Buffalo Bills on Sunday, the Chargers will attempt to avoid ...
  • Like 1

lac.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truebuf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Chargers (3-7) at Bills (7-3)

1 p.m. ET | CBS
Matchup rating:
 48.6 | Spread: BUF -5.5 (53)

What to watch for: The Chargers rank third in the NFL in total offense and will be the fifth team in the top five in that area to play the Bills this season. Buffalo has allowed, on average, 454 yards of offense and 31 points in its games against the other four teams, going 2-2. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Bold prediction: Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert will have another huge day, passing for more than 300 yards and establishing himself as the player to beat for Offensive Rookie of the Year. He already has five days of 300-plus yards passing this season, and the Bills are allowing a middle-of-the-pack 238.7 per game. -- Shelley Smith

Stat to know: The Bills enter this game coming off a bye week. They have won five straight games following a bye, tied with Titans for the longest active streak in the NFL.

Injuries: Chargers | Bills

What to know for fantasy: Week 3 was the last time Herbert failed to finish a game as a top-10 fantasy quarterback. The potential of the rookie gets the attention, but for fantasy managers, his high floor is just as appealing. See Week 12 rankings.

Betting nugget: The over is 8-2 in Buffalo games this season, tied for the highest mark in the league. Read more.

Smith's pick: Chargers 34, Bills 24
Louis-Jacques' pick: Bills 30, Chargers 24
FPI prediction: BUF, 73.4% (by an average of 8.4 points)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/viewersguide11272020/nfl-week-12-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-more

EoARuYBWEAQEauM?format=jpg&name=large

Kroft to the bench (?) and Knox is back.  

Trent Murphy takes the bench and Harrison Phillips is back in.  Will he be back to form pre injury?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

EoARuYBWEAQEauM?format=jpg&name=large

Trent Murphy takes the bench and Harrison Phillips is back in.  Will he be back to form pre injury?

So that would also imply that the other inactives are Fromm and Yeldon.

Am I missing anyone else?

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Wow, lots of Dolphin slobbering going on NFL Network pre-game.

Didn't they lose last week ?

Kinda like the UN has its permanent members, NFL media has its permanent list of teams* that must be slobbered over unless they are objectively terrible.  If Tua works out, get ready for a whole lot of Dolphin slobbering over the next ten years.

*  Dallas, Pittsburgh and Miami were already charter members.  NE* is a newcomer this century but are now full members.

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How are we feeling about that?   I'm certainly not one of the 'give up on a guy half way through his second year' types, but it seems to me Kroft is simply a better player right now and winning conference games is pretty &#%$ing critical at this juncture.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

How are we feeling about that?   I'm certainly not one of the 'give up on a guy half way through his second year' types, but it seems to me Kroft is simply a better player right now and winning conference games is pretty &#%$ing critical at this juncture.

Yes. Perhaps the run game needs TE to run so Lee Smith plays. That said, Tyler has played well. What does Knox offer more in the run situation?

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Bills need to light four wins to take the division.

Win Steelers game would be way beyond huge. That said.....I have a night game against Pittsburgh 

2 weeks ago local TV preempts the Bills Az game to show Herbert and the Chargers statewide.

This week the Chargers Bills are only shown in the Eugene (Uof0) area.

Rest of the state gets Raiders Atlanta. :badwords:
WGR again.
Go Bills!

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

really weird game and hard to get my expectations straight... Hoping the defense comes back from the dead post bye. 

Know what? By ranking, Bills defense is mid-league.