Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 12: BILLS vs Chargers : The Aftermath

Ann

2 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I can't be mad about a win, but I about shot my TV after the third turnover in the 4th QTR. That was about as ugly as a 27-17 victory can look.

Yet we only gave them 3 in the 4th. D is looking better.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who was raging when the chargers had it on the goal line with 6 seconds left thinking they were about to tie it, and then realized we were up by 10? 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Am I the only one who was raging when the chargers had it on the goal line with 6 seconds left thinking they were about to tie it, and then realized we were up by 10? 😂😂😂

Nope. My husband - who complained about the Bills the entire game while I was fairly reasonable - looked at me when I was complaining at the 6 second mark and said, "There's only 6 seconds left and they are up by 10!"

Well, everyone here knows my (very proper) response, "But it's the BILLS!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • FANtastic 1

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

No, I meant fine.  These guys are going for picks instead of knocking the ball down.

Hey, McD improved on his challenges. One step at a time bro!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

🤔yup

There's no question this was a sloppy game, but every team has sloppy games and we were fortunate to have our sloppy play against a poorly coached team.

Gotta give it up for the defense today, which is not something we get to say very often. Holding them to 3 points off 3 turnovers was huge. They held Herbert to 210 yards until he got that hail mary catch.

Get the win you're supposed to get, fix the offense errors, and prepare for the 49ers.

And if you need to feel badly about the win, watch a replay of the Raiders game.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 2

leh-nerd skin-erd
15 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

You may be. 

However, was I the only one concerned that with 3 seconds left, assuming they scored that there was still time for them to recover an onside kick and still win on a Definite Mary?  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ann said:

Nope. My husband - who complained about the Bills the entire game while I was fairly reasonable - looked at me when I was complaining at the 6 second mark and said, "There's only 6 seconds left and they are up by 10!"

Well, everyone here knows my (very proper) response, "But it's the BILLS!"

But I literally forgot the score for a moment, and then immediately felt better when I remembered. I think it was Hail Mary PTSD from last game getting the better of me.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

However, was I the only one concerned that with 3 seconds left, assuming they scored that there was still time for them to recover an onside kick and still win on a Definite Mary?  

If you weren't the only one, you didn't have a lot of company.

I really like Anthony Lynn, and was really cheering for him to succeed as a head coach, but it's been years since I've seen clock management that bad. And this is coming from someone who was cheering for that last TD so they'd cover the spread in my football pool. Their final possesion was the kind of stuff that should get everyone fired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

If Lynn was never the Buffalo assistant and interim head coach, he might not have been hired by the Chargers,

If the Chargers had hired someone else, the Chargers may have won this game.

15 minutes ago, Niagara said:

If Lynn was never the Buffalo assistant and interim head coach, he might not have been hired by the Chargers,

If the Chargers had hired someone else, the Chargers may have won this game.

Anthony won't likely be their coach next year.  Super nice guy but he's not getting results and ugh the clock management.

• Like 1

The start of this article... "wacky" is putting it kindly:

In a wacky fourth quarter, as the Bills (7-3) turned the ball over on three straight possessions, it was Tre'Davious White 's INT of Justin Herbert that stopped the bleeding, allowing Buffalo to regain its two-score lead. The Bills D, which has struggled for most of the season, held its own against Herbert Sunday, holding the rookie phenom in check much of the contest. Buffalo sacked the QB three times, and White baited Herbert into the pivotal interception. ...

</snip>

I’m a bit pissed the officials had a hand in letting Chargers hand around more than they should have.   Barring huge Bills’ mistakes in 4th quarter, this was evocative of the just give it to them feeling.

The play that really got e fired up was the 4th down Hail Mary catch.  The replay showed a clear bobble and ball hitting the ground.  That should have been an automatic booth review and game over at that time.  

If anyone had money on Bills -10, that was a monumental officiating screw up.  Glad it didn’t change the outcome.

• Like 2