Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 12: BILLS vs Chargers : The Aftermath

Ann

4 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Bills badly need to practice their hail Mary defense. 

Before the half, they had the ball with about 11 seconds and about 75 yards. They ran out the clock, but it was a free play for a Hail Mary.

Saw this on Twitter earlier. Check out the deep throw to Davis, starting at the 2:40 mark in the video linked below.

Allen draws the Chargers offsides, and before he uncorks the ball to Davis, he looks at the ref to point out the offsides before throwing the ball to Davis. This game is really slowing down for him. Hard not to see a high ceiling for this guy.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/bills-27-chargers-17-nfl-game-highlights-week-12

• Like 6

Big facts:

This means we are a top 5-7 team in the league folks.  Forget the Arizona miracle....our 2 other real losses are against the 10-1 Chiefs who we were right there with, and the Titans, a team we played having preparing for 2 potential opponents.  

Win 4 of the last 5....we'll be the 3 seed.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

It wasn’t pretty on offense, but I don’t worry about their ability to fix what went wrong. That’s a unique feeling as a Bills fan of late and it feels good. 

Being the optimist that I am, I’m focusing on the defense which seems to be coming on at just the right the time. This team will win more than one playoff game if the defense continues to trend upward. 

🍿🍿

• Like 4

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It's funny.. ATOP he was ruthless in calling out the negative Nancy's.... 

Tom is exaggerating.

I've only been truly peeved the past few weeks.

Losing on a freak play then giving up another will do that.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GG1 said:

I’m a bit pissed the officials had a hand in letting Chargers hand around more than they should have.   Barring huge Bills’ mistakes in 4th quarter, this was evocative of the just give it to them feeling.

The play that really got e fired up was the 4th down Hail Mary catch.  The replay showed a clear bobble and ball hitting the ground.  That should have been an automatic booth review and game over at that time.  

If anyone had money on Bills -10, that was a monumental officiating screw up.  Glad it didn’t change the outcome.

Have you got closeup video of that

13 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Had it been reviewed by a challenge and lost, it would have given the Chargers more time to set up for the first and goal. 

Inside 2 minutes is automatic booth review.   If they upheld the catch, then the penalty would have been enforced and Chargers would still face 4th & 27.

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Between guys not protecting the football and the stupid unsportsmanlike/personal foul penalties, it was an undisciplined day for sure.  But still, 98% of the time before this season, those games were losses so hard to be too upset about it.

Joshs unsportsmanlike was stupid. Zach's was not unsportsmanlike. 

18 hours ago, GG1 said:

I’m a bit pissed the officials had a hand in letting Chargers hand around more than they should have.   Barring huge Bills’ mistakes in 4th quarter, this was evocative of the just give it to them feeling.

The play that really got e fired up was the 4th down Hail Mary catch.  The replay showed a clear bobble and ball hitting the ground.  That should have been an automatic booth review and game over at that time.  

If anyone had money on Bills -10, that was a monumental officiating screw up.  Glad it didn’t change the outcome.

I said the same thing at the time. Incomplete pass on 4th down, Bills ball, game over. Not sure why that wasn't reviewed.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, GG1 said:

I just rewatched it and I don’t see an incomplete pass at all. He catches it around the 5 yard line, fights off 4 defenders, turns his body 180 degrees upfield while taking at least one step with the ball, and dives for the goal line coming up a yard short. That’s at least 3 football moves after establishing possession. I could maybe see it being ruled a fumble if he wasn’t down by contact when the ball came out, but he was and he recovered it anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I just rewatched it and I don’t see an incomplete pass at all. He catches it around the 5 yard line, fights off 4 defenders, turns his body 180 degrees upfield while taking at least one step with the ball, and dives for the goal line coming up a yard short. That’s at least 3 football moves after establishing possession. I could maybe see it being ruled a fumble if he wasn’t down by contact when the ball came out, but he was and he recovered it anyway. 

Yes.....but common sense....

15 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Not the play in question.  Watch the play before, where there was offensive PI.  It was 4th and 17.  An incomplete pass means the Bills get the ball. 

• Like 1