Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

All-Time Winningest QBs (AFC East, top 15 for each team)

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

A spin-off thread from the current Josh Allen discussion.

After getting over my initial disgust at Allen cracking our top 5 all-time by getting to 23 wins, I wanted some perspective, so I looked at the all-time leaders of the other three teams in our division.

I feel better. I think we’ve all had our sense of normalcy warped by TBDS (Tom Brady Derangement Syndrome).

Here are the top 15 most winningest QBs for every team in the AFC East.

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
22 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

*Patriots fans be like "Steve who?"

Living in New England, in the shadow of Gillette, one of my favorite things to do has been to ask pink hat Patriots fans about their team history prior to 2001.

”Can you tell me how many Patriots are in the HOF? Can you name one? Who is the Patriots all-time sack leader? Leading rusher? Most receiving yards?

• Haha 1

So the conclusion is the Bills list isn't so bad after all?

Love how Fitz cracks the top ten of 3 teams.

Darnold still looking up at Geno Smith....yikes.

21 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

*Patriots:

3F6B9DCF-0608-40ED-A42B-483D80DF45A9.jpeg

Grogan at number 2 given his stats is very telling of that franchise prior to the BB-Marsha era.  I recall Grogan coming off of the bench during the Eason years.

• FANtastic 1

21 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Jets:

851B464E-4405-4670-99D9-C9143034E328.jpeg

Not that the Sack Exchange teams were loaded but I am surprised that the O'Brien era did not have more success.  But then again we are talking about the Jets.  Gastineau lost more than his focus when he hooked up with Bridgette Nielsen.  Joe Walton always reminded me of the cartoon dog that smacked his forehead hard at the end of a bad loss.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Grogan at number 2 given his stats is very telling of that franchise prior to the BB-Marsha era.  I recall Grogan coming off of the bench during the Eason years.

Grogan was a very good player at his peak and the ***Patriots had some very good teams.  The year John Madden's Raiders finished 13-1 and beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl, the ***Patriots absolutely murdered Oakland in the regular season and had the playoff game won until an unbelievably bad "roughing the passer" call was made against Sugar Bear Hamilton.  The Raiders capitalized on the call and scored a late TD to win. 

New England would EASILY have won that Super Bowl - they were clearly the best team in the NFL that season.  I have heard Phil Villipiano admit on more than one occasion that the Raiders had no business winning that playoff game.

The modern NFL passing game got its start in 1978 when the "Mel Blount" rule was instituted but it took another decade of evolution for the numbers (especially completion percentage) to really change dramatically. 

Edited by Alaska Darin

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Grogan was a very good player at his peak and the *****Patriots had some very good teams.  The year John Madden's Raiders finished 13-1 and beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl, the *****Patriots absolutely murdered Oakland in the regular season and had the playoff game won until an unbelievably bad "roughing the passer" call was made against Sugar Bear Hamilton.  The Raiders capitalized on the call and scored a late TD to win. 

New England would EASILY have won that Super Bowl - they were clearly the best team in the NFL that season.  I have heard Phil Villipiano admit on more than one occasion that the Raiders had no business winning that playoff game.

The modern NFL passing game got its start in 1978 when the "Mel Blount" rule was instituted but it took another decade of evolution for the numbers (especially completion percentage) to really change dramatically. 

I was always told by NE fans of that era that 1978 was the high water mark for that era.  I was at Cornell the year the **Patriots faced the Bears in the SB and the Boston people were very skeptical of that team.  Not much defense after Tippett and Lippett.  Section 5's Tony Collins was NE's feature back and while good was not considered elite.  The Boston people at my house skipped that SB to go to Olin Library to study.  Given that it was not barely a couple weeks into a new semester the need to place study over the SB should not have been that great.  

Edited by RochesterRob

13 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I was always told by NE fans of that era that 1978 was the high water mark for that era.  I was at Cornell the year the ***Patriots faced the Bears in the SB and the Boston people were very skeptical of that team.  Not much defense after Tippett and Lippett.  Section 5's Tony Collins was NE's feature back and while good was not considered elite.  The Boston people at my house skipped that SB to go to Olin Library to study.  Given that it was not barely a couple weeks into a new semester the need to place study over the SB should not have been that great.  

That 85 team had no business getting to the Super Bowl.  Grogan broke his leg late in the year and Eason took over.  Eason wasn't the worst QB taken in the first round of the '83 draft (Blackledge) but he wasn't good.  The *Patriots beat the Raiders and Fish on the road but got six turnovers in each game.  Both the Raiders and the Fish would have given the Bears a better game in the Super Bowl.

I will say this:  Don Blackmon was one of the best linebackers that no one has ever heard of.  That dude was a beast.