Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

A.J. Klein AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Ann

He's been really good for a few weeks now.  I'd really love to see a real interview with him where they ask him what's changed.  He could just be more comfortable with the defense but I'd like to know if there are other factors.

• Like 1

Watching All-22 in my uneducated eyes, I noticed a slight change in the defensive sets over the last couple of weeks, where Klein has been shading more to the middle than he was earlier in the year, while Edmunds is being moved around a bit more to the outside.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Good for him but if I was Joey Bosa I might raise an eyebrow at that. 

You know, the only thing going into that game that worried me was Bosa.  I don't know why Daboll didn't double or at least chip him every play.  Watching Knox try to set the edge against him made me wanna hurl.  It was like my 6 year old nephew trying to keep me from dessert.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

You know, the only thing going into that game that worried me was Bosa.  I don't know why Daboll didn't double or at least chip him every play.  Watching Knox try to set the edge against him made me wanna hurl.  It was like my 6 year old nephew trying to keep me from dessert.

Or forgetting to block him completely on Barclay's sole snap 🙂

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Easily the Most Improved player from the beginning of the season to now.

I was ready to throw him to the wolves after the first quarter of the season.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The guy was having a field day. Pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I lost count of the times during the game I was asking the TV "Why are you running AT Bosa?"

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I lost count of the times during the game I was asking the TV "Why are you running AT Bosa?"

Not just that, but why are you running ANYTHING wide against THAT defense?  Everyone has success running against the Chargers by running right AT them, not using sweeps.  The one thing they have is speed to the edge but they can't stop anything physical, so traps and gut runs are gonna gash them with regularity.

Of course we started seriously doing that in the 4th quarter and just RIPPING off yardage in chunks.

The RPO that Josh ran that almost ended his season was the most irritating play I've ever seen.  HOW IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS FOOTBALL DO YOU RUN THAT PLAY IN THAT DIRECTION?  If I'm in charge, my QB looks to see where Bosa is and everything goes the opposite direction.  EVERY DAMN TIME.  Let the Chargers figure out how to get him involved.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Good for him but if I was Joey Bosa I might raise an eyebrow at that. 

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

He's been playing at a higher intensity recently. He had a really good game, but Bosa had a monster of a game. Good for Klein though. Kudos!

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Bosa mic'd up

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

26 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Bosa mic'd up

He's just a beast.  When we played them the last time, him and Ingram spent the entire day just destroying our offensive line.  That's one of the reasons I can't believe we tried even ONE time to single block him.  He'd have been the LAST guy on that defense making a play if I had any say in it.  He's just a wrecking ball.

Side note:  How strong is JA to be able to hold onto that football when Bosa hit him on the dead run right in the chest?  That's quite a play.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

He actually reminds me a little of watching Steve Tasker in kick coverage.  Very different players, obviously...but both fly around with the same reckless abandon and have a ridiculous capacity for completely disrupting plays.

Yeah, but how is Bosa at selling cars?