Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 5: Bills @ Titans

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

First post!

That said, let’s get into the game:

It looks like two more Titans players have tested positive, and they’re saying the game is in jeopardy.

• Like 2

How can they even play it at this point and why are players still coming down with it? Just me but I find it odd that there was nothing NFL wide till week 3 (Falcons receiver) and now we are hearing about new cases what seems like everyday.

• Like 1

Agreed. If they did break protocol, a forfeit is in order.  If they did not.... gonna be tough to figure out a way to make this game up. Week 18? And, what happens if the Titans continue to find someone new testing positive daily?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 hours ago, Dan said:

How can they even play it at this point and why are players still coming down with it? Just me but I find it odd that there was nothing NFL wide till week 3 (Falcons receiver) and now we are hearing about new cases what seems like everyday.

It’s because they’re young adults with a ton of money, and they’re going out into places with other young people.  At that age almost everyone is asymptotic, so no one knows they’re contagious.  Then it gets into practice facilities, and runs through everyone.

They’ll probably wind up playing the game on Monday or Tuesday to give a full week for further testing.

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s because they’re young adults with a ton of money, and they’re going out into places with other young people.  At that age almost everyone is asymptotic, so no one knows they’re contagious.  Then it gets into practice facilities, and runs through everyone.

They’ll probably wind up playing the game on Monday or Tuesday to give a full week for further testing.

I don't think Mon/Tue would be a realistic option. The Bills have a Thursday night game against the Chiefs next week, so they are already on a short week.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
57 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I don't think Mon/Tue would be a realistic option. The Bills have a Thursday night game against the Chiefs next week, so they are already on a short week.

This is a very fair point I hadn’t considered.

More positive tests. While I realize these guys are asymptotic, and unlikely to spread it to other players without prolonged contact, the Titans did spread it among themselves rather quickly. As much as I want the Bills to play Sunday, I do not want them playing the Titans. 

• Like 3

Dianna Russini on ESPN said titans and bills players are told they might play the game Monday or Tuesday 

But only if there are no "new" cases in the next two days

in which case the Bills/Chiefs game gets moved to Saturday night

There is some question whether or not they are legally allowed to play on a Saturday during College football season

(NFL wants it on a non football day to generate revenue for themselves and FOX)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Your Tuesday night plans, if you had any, have now changed (assuming the Titans stop getting positive tests). Note that the text on the image states that the Bills-Titans game is now scheduled to be played on Tuesday night.

I don't mind this move, if it holds up. While I was looking forward to our Thursday night game with KC, it was far from an expected win. Now, instead, we get a prime time game against a much weaker opponent. It sure will give the Bills an extremely short week to prepare for KC, however.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

With another positive TEN member, Tuesday’s game is now in potential jeopardy. If cancelled, KC @ BUF is apparently a go for Thu night. Situation is fluid. 

And if the Bills don’t play in week #5, it will be interesting to see what kind of ripple effect this has. Will they get this week forced on them as their bye, like what happened to PIT?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

With another positive TEN member, Tuesday’s game is now in potential jeopardy. If cancelled, KC @ BUF is apparently a go for Thu night. Situation is fluid. 

And if the Bills don’t play in week #5, it will be interesting to see what kind of ripple effect this has. Will they get this week forced on them as their bye, like what happened to PIT?

At this point the league doesn't seem too interested in making th he Titans pay for breaking protocol.  The Bills are getting yanked around but good.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1