Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Do you love pulled pork? Dinner tonight.

mead107

Picked up a package today at BJs. Tennessee style. 
was awesome.  

had it on leftover rolls. 

PJs up near Saratoga has awesome pulled pork.  

great smoked wings also. 

• Like 1

I like pulled pork, but I don’t go out of my way to eat it. 

I prefer a couple leftover chops in my tomato sauce for a few hours. I call that Italian pulled pork.

For BBQ, briscket is the best IMO.

16 hours ago, snafu said:

I like pulled pork, but I don’t go out of my way to eat it. 

I prefer a couple leftover chops in my tomato sauce for a few hours. I call that Italian pulled pork.

For BBQ, briscket is the best IMO.

Brisket is a religion here in Texas and have had some of the top rated.  Almost worth a special trip.

• Like 4

I made some pulled pork/carnitas yesterday. It was a small boneless pork rib-eye roast, seasoned with salt, thyme, and a ton of garlic, covered in foil and cooked lean-side up (lean-side covered with thick-cut bacon ends & pieces) for 6 hours at 225 degrees. It fell completely apart at the touch of a fork. 

I had it on flour tortillas with queso blanco and fresh guacamole. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, AZ. said:

I made some pulled pork/carnitas yesterday. It was a small boneless pork rib-eye roast, seasoned with salt, thyme, and a ton of garlic, covered in foil and cooked lean-side up (lean-side covered with thick-cut bacon ends & pieces) for 6 hours at 225 degrees. It fell completely apart at the touch of a fork. 

I had it on flour tortillas with queso blanco and fresh guacamole. 

I do something similar. Take a pork roast season with thyme, salt and garlic powder, then sear.

Put the roast in the slow cooker with some Las Palmas red or green enchilada sauce and simmer all day.
Then use the meat and sauce on flour tortillas.

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I do something similar. Take a pork roast season with thyme, salt and garlic powder, then sear.

Put the roast in the slow cooker with some Las Palmas red or green enchilada sauce and simmer all day.
Then use the meat and sauce on flour tortillas.

That sounds amazing - I'm going to try that myself. :beer:

• Like 1