Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

3 Quick Takes: SF

Boyst

1) I'm happy to see Singleterry become a more well rounded player. I fully expected Moss to push him for the starting position but he has really become a much more well rounded player, most noticably in the pass blocking department. This is significant since the guy is so much smaller than the average defender he takes on in matchups.

2) Josh Allen can put the ball anywhere he wanted and easily outshined the SF QB. I forgot his name already but I need to look it back up because I want to keep track of him. He made smart plays, could deliver the ball, and just needs time to develop. He had lanes all day and his OL played nearly a flawless game.  This kid will be in the league a while and remain a valuable backup for years to come. 

3) a scattergun observation: his OL took advantage of our weak DL, just like their DL couldn't get much done against us. Both these teams badly needed interior DL. Our most glaring need is DL. I hope we can get a top interior DL, update/upgrade Hyde.  That's our most glaring need and it showed with Milano back who I didn't noticed until Monday through. He's never a player you notice unless you look for him but Milano plays his position better than any other player on that D not named Jordan Poyer.  Tre white is a better player but that overshadows that it's the system vs his skill. Poyer and Milano are skill positions. 

• Like 4

In regards to the SF QB..Mullins been around for a bit. Advanced stats guys will tell you he is better than Jimmy G. Will be interesting to see what the 9ers do in the offseason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

In regards to the SF QB..Mullins been around for a bit. Advanced stats guys will tell you he is better than Jimmy G. Will be interesting to see what the 9ers do in the offseason.

And basic stats say that Josh is way better than both of them.  What a nice feeling after being in the QB desert for so long. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I kept seeing that stat last night of how many wins the 49ers had with Jimmy G., and how many wins they had without him (since he joined the team). That was some stat.

• Like 1

To me, Mullins is a younger Fitz.   Has the intelligence to overcome modest athleticism for the position, will keep his team in the game, but will made a bad throw here & there in the clutch.  That's why the '49ers record is so bad when he's in the lineup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I will be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if Jimmy G isn't a Patriot next year.

16 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

I will be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if Jimmy G isn't a Patriot next year.

:scared3:  They'd have to pay him. I am not certain they will.

33 minutes ago, Ann said:

:scared3:  They'd have to pay him. I am not certain they will.

If they don't make the playoffs, I suspect they will.

That said, San Fran would be foolish to let him go, despite his injury history.

• Like 1

Hitbyaparkedcar

Those are good points, especially the first one regarding Singletary. I agree he's only getting better, not quite as elusive as last year, but it seems like he's been battling through some things. He'll be just fine.

Edited by Hitbyaparkedcar
Dumb autocorrect
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GG1 said:

To me, Mullins is a younger Fitz.   Has the intelligence to overcome modest athleticism for the position, will keep his team in the game, but will made a bad throw here & there in the clutch.  That's why the '49ers record is so bad when he's in the lineup.

That’s my take as well. A good game manager, but not enough athleticism to consistently dominate a game. 

I’m so glad we have Josh, and he’s the right Josh for Buffalo. 

• Like 1