Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Do you wear a watch?

Nanker

I stopped wearing a watch when I got an iPhone. I did get a Fitbit later though, but I think of it more as a step counter and prodded to get up off my butt and move around. 

Hitbyaparkedcar

Wore one for years in the military. Didn't touch one for the first ten years after leaving. Now I wear occasionally, mostly to church or other such functions. If I'm fully outfitted, the pocket watches come out. Weirdly, I've been picking up a few over the last year, not sure why.

• Like 1

I wore a ridiculously expensive Movado for years, but moved to a Samsung Smart Watch a bunch of years ago because of the allure of getting push notifications for phone calls, emails, texts, Slack messages, etc. to my wrist while in a meeting or on the road. Not to mention, I grew up reading Dick Tracey comics and the reality of using my watch for phone calls needed to be made so.

The one thing I learned early on was to NOT check notifications while in a meeting or out with my wife. Looking at your watch will forever still be associated with "I'm bored. When is this thing going to end?"

• Like 2

My wife went to Moscow on a business trip in the early 2000s and brought back a Russian watch - black leather band and a windup stem. I wore that for a while because of the novelty. 

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey

In the olden days (pre-smart phones) I wore one, but always destroyed them doing manual labor.  SO I'd gravitate towards the cheap Timex Indiglo ones.

Once smart phones became a thing I found the watch to be redundant.  And I was carrying an HP ipaq phone long before Blackberrys & iPhones were on the market (2004?).

Recently (3 years ago?) started wearing a Fitbit, and now a Garmin for heartrate & workouts.  I got 2 years out of the Fitbit, and the Garmin is about a year old now.  The Apple Watch doesn't have the 5 day battery life and heartrate tracking that I am used to, so I don't see one of those in my future.

I still gouge watches up like it's my job...

• Like 1