Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Are you cheering on the Rams tonight?

mead107

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

He and Kupp really did a great job in run support last night. At one point Kupp sealed the right edge when Gilmore made a move to the inside to go after Akers, and Kupp use Gilmore's momentum to just toss him aside while Akers ran outside up and up field for a nice gain.

I thought the **Patriots would keep it close last night, but that game was anything but. I'm curious now if they listen to Aikman and spend the rest of the season seeing what they have in Stidham.

I don't think I'd play Stidham until the offensive line and supporting cast is better.  He took some serious shots last night and I think if that continued, he might get ruined long before his time.  That being said, he has the look of a QB right now.  He surveys the field and throws catchable balls. 

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.  I'll be really surprised if Belicheck puts him in a position to fail knowing that most young QBs are ruined by playing them in untenable situations.

26 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Color me pretty surprised that the **Patriots didn't double Donald the entire game.  Belichick normally takes away the opposition's best player and forces you to win outside of your comfort zone.

I'm amazed the **Patriots have six wins with that roster.  Damn, they're just bad.

The *Patriots have not had a talented roster in a very long time. Their blue chip players were all in the 00's but since 2010 they've won because Belichick (cheater) and Marsha  (gay cheater) did so well together.

18 minutes ago, Boyst said:

The **Patriots have not had a talented roster in a very long time. Their blue chip players were all in the 00's but since 2010 they've won because Belichick (cheater) and Marsha  (gay cheater) did so well together.

I don't agree.  They have plenty of very good players, they just haven't had the elite talent teams generally only get from drafting at the top of the first round or overpaying for free agents.  Edelman, Hightower, Chung, Van Noy, Roberts, Karras, Gronk, etc are all very good players who are either out or are starting for other teams. 

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't agree.  They have plenty of very good players, they just haven't had the elite talent teams generally only get from drafting at the top of the first round or overpaying for free agents.  Edelman, Hightower, Chung, Van Noy, Roberts, Karras, Gronk, etc are all very good players who are either out or are starting for other teams. 

And I think no team took a bigger hit this year from Covid Opt-outs than the Cheaters. I'm not sure that fixes Newton's issues beyond keeping games closer, but he was genuinely terrible last night. Some of this throws were just head scratchers.

I agree it's probably not the best time to put in to put in Stidham, btw, but their play calling is limited with Cam in there, as was evidenced by their using the option as the best way to get the ball in the end zone on third and fourth down last night. 

• Like 1

Hitbyaparkedcar
1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

My son's first requested jersey was a 17 Woody...i convinced him to get a 14 Watkins instead. I am an idiot! 

Agreed 😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And I think no team took a bigger hit this year from Covid Opt-outs than the Cheaters. I'm not sure that fixes Newton's issues beyond keeping games closer, but he was genuinely terrible last night. Some of this throws were just head scratchers.

I agree it's probably not the best time to put in to put in Stidham, btw, but their play calling is limited with Cam in there, as was evidenced by their using the option as the best way to get the ball in the end zone on third and fourth down last night. 

They're not just limited by Cam, they're limited by that OLine.  They're pretty bad at pass blocking and the Rams had a huge advantage with their Front 4.  I think the 4th down play (at least) was an RPO but whoever the primary receiver was didn't get open, which essentially put Cam in a bind that he couldn't really get out of.

I don't think the *Patriots have a single receiving threat that teams worry about.  Their most intriguing threat in the passing game is White, who rarely sees the field because Cam can't be trusted to throw the ball consistently to backs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

My son's first requested jersey was a 17 Woody...i convinced him to get a 14 Watkins instead. I am an idiot! 

I'll make you feel a little better.

Years ago for Christmas my wife bought me an authentic McGahee. Not only was it that crappy uniform I hope never to see again, but McGahee was one of the few Bills who I genuinely disliked. I know she was in a local sports store in CA, and it's not like they carried a lot of Bills jerseys...but she could have bought me a dress that year and I'd have worn it more than the McGahee jersey.

• Haha 4

One thing I forgot to mention:  That interception he threw was just back-breaking.  It's just a throw a veteran QB should never make, especially when they know their team can't overcome mistakes with high octane offense.  That play was a minimum 10 point swing in the game and just destroyed New England's chance of winning.

Josh has probably got 10 incompletions this season from throwing away screen passes that were clearly well defended.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

One thing I forgot to mention:  That interception he threw was just back-breaking.  It's just a throw a veteran QB should never make, especially when they know their team can't overcome mistakes with high octane offense.  That play was a minimum 10 point swing in the game and just destroyed New England's chance of winning.

Josh has probably got 10 incompletions this season from throwing away screen passes that were clearly well defended.

Interesting tweet here...good breakdown of a play us laymen just dont see

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/11/2020 at 11:21 AM, IDBillzFan said:

I'll make you feel a little better.

Years ago for Christmas my wife bought me an authentic McGahee. Not only was it that crappy uniform I hope never to see again, but McGahee was one of the few Bills who I genuinely disliked. I know she was in a local sports store in CA, and it's not like they carried a lot of Bills jerseys...but she could have bought me a dress that year and I'd have worn it more than the McGahee jersey.

I have a Schobel from the crappy uniform era. He’s one of my favorite Bills of that era and if it was a throwback it would probably be a game day regular, but as it is I can’t bring myself to get rid of it but can also barely look at it because it’s that ugly uniform.

3 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I have a Schobel from the crappy uniform era. He’s one of my favorite Bills of that era and if it was a throwback it would probably be a game day regular, but as it is I can’t bring myself to get rid of it but can also barely look at it because it’s that ugly uniform.

Those were the WORST units in the history of the franchise with the possible exception of the very first year (1960) units that Ralphie copied from his hometown Detroit Lions. 🤮