Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

How much water do you drink in a day?

mead107

This reminds me that I need to change the house water filter. That does an okay job, but we filter our drinking water a second time. We use a zero water filter system for drinking water. 

I don’t hit 8 8oz. glasses a day, but probably 5 to six on average. The wife probably does 8. It’s hard to drink a lot of water some days. 

• Like 1

Probably 4-6 glasses most days.   When we were in the office I drank the seltzers all day, but they're not free at home!

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 1

Black coffee counts as a clear liquid. 

I have at least 4 cups a day of black coffee. And water, probably another 2 or 3 cups. 

Thats more than I thought. 

• Like 1

Straight water would be very little.  This time of year most likely a quart total of milk or juice.  Hot weather like this past summer over 2 quarts.  I can't imagine drinking a couple of gallons per day of which I have seen recommendations for.  I don't see a consideration for body size or weight for these recommendations.  2 gallons per day would make peeing a full-time job for me.

Okay. Starbucks or Dunkin? 

What say you?

Im a Pikes Place guy. Don’t care for Dunkin at all. I know it’s an acid test for most along the line of Blue Cheese vs  ranch. 

46 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Okay. Starbucks or Dunkin? 

What say you?

Im a Pikes Place guy. Don’t care for Dunkin at all. I know it’s an acid test for most along the line of Blue Cheese vs  ranch. 

Local Stewart’s coffee the best. 

• Like 1

Just changed the whole house water filter. It’s amazing how dirty they get. Yet the local water authority says the analysis results are all within the allowed tolerances. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drink water when you are thirsty. If you are never thirsty then you are not getting enough sodium. They regulate each other. 

That said, I take a 38oz container to work every day and usually finish that before I come home. I then have a glass with dinner. For breakfast I have hot water with a 1/4 squeezed lemon in it and just this week have added freshly grated ginger. 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm surprised you all drink so little.

On an average day, about 70 ounces.  Carbonated with a SodaStream, flavored with lemon or lime.  Not terribly unusual for me to have 100 oz or more.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/21/2023 at 4:32 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm surprised you all drink so little.

On an average day, about 70 ounces.  Carbonated with a SodaStream, flavored with lemon or lime.  Not terribly unusual for me to have 100 oz or more.

We considered the soda stream because carbonation is supposed to be good for you. How much lemon and lime do you add?

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

We considered the soda stream because carbonation is supposed to be good for you. How much lemon and lime do you add?

A wedge.  Maybe a sixth of the fruit?  I never measured.  Per liter.  Maybe three glasses - throw the wedge in the glass, keep refilling the glass.

I have no idea if the carbonation's good for me or not.  Just a very good substitute for soda, which is not good for me.

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A wedge.  Maybe a sixth of the fruit?  I never measured.  Per liter.  Maybe three glasses - throw the wedge in the glass, keep refilling the glass.

I have no idea if the carbonation's good for me or not.  Just a very good substitute for soda, which is not good for me.

Thanks, might invest and try it. Soda really isnt good for us. Interesting video. While there is a lot of "could be's" and "believe's" in this he brings up some good info:

More if you are interested. 

• Like 1