Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

SiriusXM

KD in CA

Any satellite radio users here?   What do you pay?  Favorite channels?

We just got a CPO vehicle w/ a free 3 month subscription.  I'm not driving enough to make it useful these days, but can certainly see the appeal.  Sirius is already starting with the promotions.....extra 3 months free.....$60 to extend for a year......but I figure the longer I wait and closer I get to the expiration date the better the offers will get.  As with any subscription business, they will do almost anything to initially get your CC on file.

I have everything and I never pay more than $6 a month.   If you don't renew,  they'll inundate you with mail or email.   If you cancel,  just keep messing with the website until they offer you about $6 a month for the full year.

• Like 1

I have it in the car and use the app.  Like the NFL channel for "Moving the Chains".  The other shows are average at best so only when I need a fix or during busy news days.

There is a music channel (or more) for any taste.  I flip around 4-5 of the classic rock channels.

In a pinch can listen to the Bills games but the delay is several plays.  I do this when on the road and it works well enough.

I swore up and down for years that I would never pay for radio. In 2015, I got a new vehicle, which came with SiriusXM free for a year...

I love being able to actually listen to music on my way into work, instead of nothing but talk radio and 10 minutes of commercials.

I now pay for radio.

I've had it since late 2002. It's just like the cable/sat companies though. When your promo period is almost up, call and cancel. They'll offer you a deal. I'm one of the lazy ones that hasn't done that, and I'm paying about $25/month. 

Edited by Just Jack

11 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I've had it since late 2002. It's just like the cable/sat companies though. When your promo period is almost up, call and cancel. They'll offer you a deal. I'm on of the lazy ones that hasn't done that, and I'm paying about $25/month. 

That's about what I pay... and for the same reason.

leh-nerd skin-erd

Have it, love it and stay in the $100/ year range.  

l listen to channels 7-32ish, and NFL radio, was in Buffalo this weekend and on the 4 hour ride home.  My music spanned ELO Telephone line to NFL games to Regulate by Snoop and Warren G.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Have it, love it and stay in the $100/ year range.  

l listen to channels 7-32ish, and NFL radio, was in Buffalo this weekend and on the 4 hour ride home.  My music spanned ELO Telephone line to NFL games to Regulate by Snoop and Warren G.  

That's the best part.   There is literally ALWAYS something to listen to.

• FANtastic 1

Have had it for ~$112/yr counting all taxes and fees for ~8 years now in the wife's car.

Have had it for a smidge less in my car for the last 3 (~$95/yr total) but don't get all the specialty channels.  Didn't bother with it for a few years after the courtesy subscription ran out but for $7.50/mo, it's worth it IMHO.

Every 3 months or so they have a free preview week, so if you don't renew, about the time you get sick of ota commercial radio you should be able to get your commercial-free fix.

Had a really old radio from prior to the Sirius-XM merger that worked for free for a few years.  If you have any old radios maybe somebody forgot to switch the signal off to them. 😉

I got to call for the truck this week. 
car comes up in feb car has everything. 

Had everything in the truck called last year and went to mostly music $160 for the year. Then called following month for the car

told them I was going to drop it and they offered everything for $100. Took it