Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

My wife's mother passed Saturday night and we held the ceremony today & now that I'm the only one awake, I can't stop crying.  She was such a fantastic woman.

I'm sorry.  

Happy thoughts going out to the family.  You were blessed to have loving in-laws.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

My wife's mother passed Saturday night and we held the ceremony today & now that I'm the only one awake, I can't stop crying.  She was such a fantastic woman.

I'm sorry.  

Condolences to your and your family.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

I'm sorry.  

My condolences, @Taro T :hug:

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

I'm sorry.  

I'm sorry for your loss, Taro.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

I'm sorry.  

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your wife.

• Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
On 10/22/2021 at 1:19 AM, Taro T said:

I'm sorry.  

Sorry for your loss.

• Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler

I'll just put a link up, I really don't want to go into details. I work closely with the young woman's mother and I can only imagine how devastated the family is.

If you want to learn how fragile life is, and what tragedy really means, read here. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tufts-university-student-dies-after-choking-in-hot-dog-eating-contest

• Sad 3
  • Doh! 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I'll just put a link up, I really don't want to go into details. I work closely with the young woman's mother and I can only imagine how devastated the family is.

If you want to learn how fragile life is, and what tragedy really means, read here. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tufts-university-student-dies-after-choking-in-hot-dog-eating-contest

Until we bury a child I dont think we can imagine. I hope to never experience this. So sad. 

• Love 1

RIP: Leslie Bricusse, Oscar-winning composer and lyricist.

“Songs for [artistic partner Anthony Newley] included ‘What Kind of Fool Am I?’, which became a hit for Sammy Davis Jr. The latter featured ‘Feeling Good,’ which was recorded by Nina Simone for her 1965 album, I Put a Spell on You. Also with Newley, Bricusse penned the lyrics to ‘Goldfinger’ (1964), composed by John Barry, and sung by Shirley Bassey as the melodramatic theme song for the third James Bond film of the same name. Three years later, he wrote the words for another Barry-composed Bond theme, ‘You Only Live Twice,’ sung by Nancy Sinatra. Bricusse and Newley wrote the soundtrack to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), Mel Stuart’s big-screen adaptation of Roald Dahl’s children’s novel, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Songs included ‘The Candy Man,’ and ‘Pure Imagination,’ with the latter becoming the title of Bricusse’s ‘sorta-biography’ (2005).”

P
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

RIP: Mort Sahl, legendary comedian, dead at 94.

Director Woody Allen once praised Sahl in his 1994 book, “Woody Allen on Woody Allen: In Conversation With Stig Bjorkman.”

“I would never have been a cabaret comedian at all, if it hadn’t been for him,” Allen wrote, adding that before Sahl, “All these comedians were very, very formula.”

The “Annie Hall” filmmaker continued, “They’d all come out in a tuxedo and would say, ‘Good evening, ladies and gentlemen,’ and there was no sincerity to any of it. And they would do silly little jokes. … They would do golf jokes, because the president played golf. And suddenly, in this small cabaret, this comedian comes along, Mort Sahl.”

Bob Hope, hosting the Academy Awards, once introduced Sahl by saying, “Here he is, the favorite of nuclear physicists everywhere!”

20P

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, B-Man said:

2 hours ago — Dean Stockwell, the Oscar- and Emmy-nominated actor best known for the groundbreaking sci-fi shows Quantum Leap and Battlestar Galactica 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcis4VDM5L9SmhGNUhTlC  guy-stockwell-4.jpg

RIP, Al.  Guess you won't be helping Ziggy try to get Sam 'home' anymore.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 1:19 AM, Taro T said:

I'm sorry.  

I apologize I hadn't seen this but I still have a hard time coming to check this thread just because since my wife, I find it hard to see posts like this. I'm so sorry for your loss my friend, if there is anything I can do don't hesitate to reach out. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

RIP: New York Giants legendary linebacker Sam Huff dies at age 87.

“Huff always will be remembered as the furious middle linebacker in a 4-3 scheme developed for him by fellow Hall of Famer Tom Landry, his defensive coordinator with New York and later the architect of the Dallas Cowboys’ rise to power…’The Twentieth Century,’ a documentary television program hosted by Walter Cronkite on CBS that began in the late 1950s, once broadcast a piece on him entitled ‘The Violent World of Sam Huff.’ Huff wore a microphone during practice and an exhibition game for the piece.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...