Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I never even heard of Remo Williams. I have to believe he couldnt take Cordell Walker. 

Man, 79 is too young! The older I get the younger that seems. 

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not even sure how to describe the movie, except to say that Ward plays a cop who was killed, but really wasn't killed, and is trained to be an assassin for the president. I'm not sure the movie works without Joel Gray playing an old Asian dude who trains Remo. 

Put another way, the movie was called "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins," and it should have been called "The Adventure Begins and Ends At The Same Time."

I dig it a lot, but I was also very heavily into MST3K when it started a few years later, so that should explain a few things about what I like in a movie.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

That fight scene really predicted Edmunds' tackling instincts.

• Haha 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That fight scene really predicted Edmunds' tackling instincts.

With skills like this it is a wonder he made it to 79. I know why I didnt see it and now wish I didnt see it. 

20 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not even sure how to describe the movie, except to say that Ward plays a cop who was killed, but really wasn't killed, and is trained to be an assassin for the president. I'm not sure the movie works without Joel Gray playing an old Asian dude who trains Remo. 

Put another way, the movie was called "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins," and it should have been called "The Adventure Begins and Ends At The Same Time."

I dig it a lot, but I was also very heavily into MST3K when it started a few years later, so that should explain a few things about what I like in a movie.

I seem to recall there was a second Remo movie, is my memory off?

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

I seem to recall there was a second Remo movie, is my memory off?

None that I've ever heard of, and I think we're all better for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP: Philip Baker Hall, Magnolia Star, Dies at 90.

Prolific character actor Philip Baker Hall, star of films like Say Anything… and Magnolia, has died at age 90. Truly a defining performer of his generation, Hall starred in a number of well-known projects over the years, with his roles, no matter the amount of screen time, always leaving an impact on audiences. Hall’s on-screen credits span decades, earning appearances in other notable projects like Secret HonorHard EightThe Truman ShowArgo, and ZodiacLos Angeles Times journalist Sam Farmer confirmed the news on Twitter, sharing a brief tribute to Hall, noting that the actor passed away peacefully.

“My neighbor, friend, and one of the wisest, most talented and kindest people I’ve ever met, Philip Baker Hall, died peacefully last night,” Farmer shared on Twitter. “He was surrounded by loved ones. The world has an empty space in it.”

Hall also did a brilliant Jack Webb impersonation as the library cop on Seinfeld:

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 12:14 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'll admit it: I listen to Seals and Crofts. 

But hate Tom Petty.  That seems inconsistent...but it's not, since Tom Petty sucks penguin dick, whereas Seals and Crofts are simply musical valium.

I'll listen to just about anything that would have been in the standard rotation at WNBC AM radio in the mid 70s, so yeah, Seals and Crofts qualify.

RIP

Edited by KD in CA